AP INVOICE WORK BENCH AND INVOICE BATCHES

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
C-MOON

AP INVOICE WORK BENCH AND INVOICE BATCHES

Post by C-MOON »

Dear Gurus,

just want to confirm one thing cant we have both the options of using AP INVOICE Batch and AP INVOICE WORKBENCH together in AP Respon.
i mean my client wants to use both the functions in one respon.

if not why and if yes how?

thanks
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

As for my knowledge there is no need to have another responsibility for accessing the Invoice Bathc and Invoice work bench. For accessing the Invoice Batch , First you have to enable "Use Invoice Batch Control" Checck Box which is available in Invocie Tab in Payable Option. Next you have to assign the Profile option for Payble responsbility the same are using , "AP Invoice Batch" Option as Yes.

After this you can use Invoice Batches.

Otherwise if you want you Invoice work bench , in Profile Option select
"AP Invoice Batch" Option as NO.

if any wrong please navigate me.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle.
banutinku

Post by banutinku »

What Murthy said is right...by default in AP functionality has Invoice Batch.

If your client requires Invoice Batch then you need set Profile option "Use Invoice Batch Control" to Yes and
"AP Invoice Batch" Option as NO.

Regards,
Bhanu
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Thanks Bhanu. And C-Moon Please update the members with the issue.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle.
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

I THINK I COULD NOT LET YOU UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION

LET ME EXPLAIN HERE AGAIN

First question is (i know invoice batch can be used from Use Invoice batch profile option)

question is CANT we use both the funtions One is invoice batches and the other is invoice work bench to enter new invoices in one Responsibility say AP MANAGER. I want he should be having both the ways to process the entry of his invoices IF I CLICK YES TO INVOICE BATCH i can not use invoice work bench (11.5.10) (and further i dont see any payable option where it is given use invoice batch check box which we click to check as my buddy replied as above)

if No then y if YES then how?
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi,

It is not possible to use both the things at the same time. If u enable Invoice Batch profile option U have to enter the invoice through batch format n the invoice workbench helps to search for the invoice.

Currently my client is using the same option i.e., Invoice Batch Option

Rgds,
Manmohan
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

ok thanks
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

my next question is if my client is using the invoice work bench functionality and not invoice batches and now they decide to use the functionality of invoice batches will there be any implication of same any pre requisite to that
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

hi,

if you use invoice batches then u can not create the single invoice from invoice work bench, that is thru the batch only you can create the invoices

And the other thing is that even if you change from invoice batches to invoice workbecnh there wont be any wrong implication.

The main purpose of the batch is to minimise the end user work in validating the invoices and for create a/c ing and same can be done by using the progm as well.
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

we are actually shifting from invoice workbecnh to invoice batches ?
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Just assign Profile option in Sys admin for Particular Payable Responsibility i.e " AP: Use Invoice Batch Control".

After you assigning the said profile option, you can use Invoice Batch only.

Regards,
Murthyoracle
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

Dear Amicguy,

just to provide me more confidence i want to see any document oon it that there will be no implication if we shift from invoice workbench to invoice batches after one year of using invocie workbench, please refer me any metalink note any othe rdocument to see for it, thanks
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

any up date please