About demilitarized zones (DMZ) R12 & 11i

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
admin

About demilitarized zones (DMZ) R12 & 11i

Post by admin »

Useful metalink notes on demilitarized zones (DMZ)

-------------R12--------------
This document describes methods for making a subset of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 functionality accessible via the Internet to external users. This document discusses supported network topologies and architectures for the E-Business Suite, including:

* The use of reverse proxy servers in demilitarized zones (DMZ)
* The use of multiple domains -- where different E-Business Suite Release 12 users access the E-Business Suite via different URLs -- with multiple application servers
* The use of hardware-based load-balancers in these configurations

Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Configuration in a DMZ
Doc ID: Note:380490.1 Type: WHITE PAPER
Last Revision Date: 25-MAY-2008 Status: PUBLISHED

-------------11i--------------
Security is becoming increasingly important as more and more Internet-accessible applications are developed and deployed. In the past, nearly all applications were accessible only from intranet's whose attackers were limited to the employees or contractors. Compared to intranet-only accessible applications, Internet-accessible applications have a far larger number of potential attackers, who have less to lose and who enjoy a greatly reduced chance of apprehension and punishment.

Internet-accessible sites must now defend themselves against attackers whom they have little chance of locating or punishing. These sites must therefore deploy firewalls, reverse proxy servers, and other landing servers to defend against determined attacks by highly skilled and knowledgeable people. In addition to enhanced security requirements, Internet-accessible applications often need to conform to higher scalability and availability as these may be accessed by users 24x7 from different parts of the globe.

This document describes methods for making a selected subset of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i functionality accessible via the Internet to external users. This document reviews various network topologies and architectures, including the use of reverse proxy servers in demilitarized zones (DMZs), the use of multiple domains -- where different E-Business Suite 11i users access the E-Business Suite via different URLs -- with multiple application servers, and the use of hardware-based load-balancers in these configurations.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Thanks Admin for sharing good stuff.

DMZ Configuration with 11i

A DMZ configuration refers to a Demilitarized Zone implementation of Oracle Applications. This kind of architecture is typically usefully when you wish to open up your applications outside your corporate network or your militarized zone.

<b>http://appsdbablog.com/blog/2007/06/dmz ... 1i.html</b>