Reg: Doc Sequencing?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
tirumal

Reg: Doc Sequencing?

Post by tirumal »

Hi All

can one tell me th answer regarding of docment sequential numbering?

As per our client requirement

we can use only one document for all types of invoices with diffrent serious of nubeing for each.

Exmple: Doc name:ABC
For this standard Invoice starts 1-50 and prepayment51-100 and creditmemo 101-150....................

Is there any process for this only one single document name
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Sir,

I think your request is not be available when you define the sequential number for Payables module.

You can define documents name according to your types will use it & give each type the sequence you need it.

Try to make the sequence number manual not automatic but this process will be very difficult because the user must remember the last number used in each type.

This is my opinion according to my experience.

Best regards,
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi,

I think the Document Sequencing for each category separetly is not possible as Doc Sequencing will work SOB . If you assign SOB with Automatic method , what ever transaction u entered it will give the number Sequentially in automatic manner. I think you requirement can reach by selecting in Manual manner. But it is difficult to give correct number.

This will be done in Cutomized manner as far as knowledge .