Saudi Localization and Proratation!!!

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
alruwaished

Saudi Localization and Proratation!!!

Post by alruwaished »

If anyone have any question in this subject please write her, or any member have any experience want to share it with other also he can put it her
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

thanks of all member how send me email to have more information in this function.
for Saudi Arabia localization you need to create proration function for all element you need to have proration for it, like basic salary and other allowance. i will put this function if some one need it.
sayed.najafali

Post by sayed.najafali »

you can even handle this in your FF
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

Form my experience you cannot solve proration functionality by fast formula only, you need to use package and some database functions for this purpose.
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

There are two ways you can handle this subject with as per apps help
Oracle HRMS enables you to calculate proportionate earnings amounts whenever payroll-relevant data is changed during a payroll period, for example, if an employee joins or leaves the company during a payroll period or if an employee's pay grade changes during a payroll period. Oracle HRMS performs a proration calculation to ensure that the employees' earnings are calculated correctly after taking account of these changes.

If you want to prorate an earnings element, such as basic salary, assign an event group to it. An event group is a collection of proration points that share similar characteristics. You can create an event group to group together all proration points that affect an employee's salary, for example. This event group could contain proration points such as salary increases, assignment changes, and pay rate changes.

You then process the element using a formula that handles proration. You can either use a payroll formula that handles proration, or create a separate proration formula that runs after the main payroll formula only in payroll periods when a proration event occurs.

When you define the event group, you select the events that will activate proration calculation, such as:

An employee joining or leaving the enterprise
Changes to pay grades or grade rates
Changes to pay scales and progression points
Changes to hourly or annual pay rates
Changes to working hours
Changes to allowances or deductions
Note: The proration unit can be periods, days, or hours. Proration can be applied to a monetary, time-based, or numeric amount.
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

<b>IF YOU WANT TO USE FF
CREATE DATABASE FUNCTION TO CALCULATE ELEMENT IN PERIOD
( FROM DATE TO DATE)

THEN IN THE ELEMENT FORMULA CALL THIS FUNCTION USING IF CLAUSE FOR EACH EVENT </b>
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

FOR EXAMPLE
IF WE CREATE A DATA BASE FUNCTION CALLED CALC_BASIC TO CALCULATE THE BASIC SALARY ELEMENT IN PERIOD
WITH THREE PARAMETERS ASSIGNMENT_ID,
START DATE AND END DATE
THEN IN FAST FORMULA WE CAN CALL THIS FUNCTION FOR ANY EVENT LIKE EMPLOYEE JOINED AND TERMINATED IN ONE PERIOD
WE WILL USE THIS
Alias PAY_PROC_PERIOD_END_DATE AS Period_ED
Alias PAY_PROC_PERIOD_START_DATE AS Period_SD
<b>F (EMP_HIRE_DATE >= Period_SD AND EMP_HIRE_DATE <= Period_ED) THEN
(
IF EMP_TERM_DATE >= Period_SD AND EMP_TERM_DATE <= Period_ED THEN
(
Monthly_Salary=CALC_BASIC (EMP_HIRE_DATE,EMP_TERM_DATE) </b>
sayed.najafali

Post by sayed.najafali »

Dear Alruwaished,

You can Also handle Proration alone in the fast formula.. there is absolutly no need to create any custom pakages. If you need tell me i wil mail you the entire solution for payroll in approx 5lines in the FF
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

Dear Alruwaished,

You can Also handle Proration alone in the fast formula.. there is absolutly no need to create any custom pakages. If you need tell me i wil mail you the entire solution for payroll in approx 5lines in the FF
Dear sayed.najafali
can you please send it here
abbasmalek@hotmail.com
thanks
sathish_puttur

Post by sathish_puttur »

Hello sayed,

Can you send me the materials on Proration

thanks in advance

Sathish
<b>sathish_puttur@yahoo.com</b>
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

FOR EXAMPLE
IF WE CREATE A DATA BASE FUNCTION CALLED CALC_BASIC TO CALCULATE THE BASIC SALARY ELEMENT IN PERIOD
WITH THREE PARAMETERS ASSIGNMENT_ID,
START DATE AND END DATE
THEN IN FAST FORMULA WE CAN CALL THIS FUNCTION FOR ANY EVENT LIKE EMPLOYEE JOINED AND TERMINATED IN ONE PERIOD
WE WILL USE THIS
Alias PAY_PROC_PERIOD_END_DATE AS Period_ED
Alias PAY_PROC_PERIOD_START_DATE AS Period_SD
<b>F (EMP_HIRE_DATE >= Period_SD AND EMP_HIRE_DATE <= Period_ED) THEN
(
IF EMP_TERM_DATE >= Period_SD AND EMP_TERM_DATE <= Period_ED THEN
(
Monthly_Salary=CALC_BASIC (EMP_HIRE_DATE,EMP_TERM_DATE) </b>

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by abbasmalik
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

Dear Mr Alrowashid
i am using this method for all purposes that you mentioned and more and it is working properly
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

my Dear abbasmalik this method you can use it for new employee or treminated employee put I think this method you can not use it to find the change in the employee salary in the period which we mean by proration
abbasmalik

Post by abbasmalik »

Dear alruwaished
as i told befor i am using the same for salary or any other element
change during the period
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

[quote]Dear Alruwaished,

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sayed.najafali