Multi Org - R12 - MOAC in R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rekha

Multi Org - R12 - MOAC in R12

Post by Rekha »

Hi Team,

i am trying out the MOAC feature in R12.I have followed the following steps:
1)Create an Operating Unit
2)Create an security profile with the OU defined in step1
3)Run security list maintenance program
4) Attach the profile to the responsibility through MO:SECURITY Profile. I have also set the profile options: MO:OPERATING UNIT.

But when i try to test the MOAC with the above setups in AP,it is not listing out the OUs in the profile but it is showing the business groups.

Kinldy suggest is there any additional setup, so that only those OUs in the profile are seen while doing the transaction.

Regards
Rekha
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Rekha,

There are no additional steps for MOAC.
I think u created OU from ASM there is a bug in R12 that doesn't allow OU to work properly. i hope that below mentioned work around will help u in setting MOAC for AP.

1. Try to query your OU in HR Org form and try to view the LE info. It will give u msg that OU part of incomplete AS.
2. Create Additional OU in HR Org form with correct Ledger and LE and assign to your sec. profile and then new OU will be available in AP.

Thanks,

Aman
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

You can download the manual from documents section in erpstuff.com names ALL ABOUT MULTI ORG , which clearly tells you about step by step actions with screen shots ....