GL - Cross validation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
cherry

GL - Cross validation

Post by cherry »

Guys need your help.

We hve a requirement where in, we have to restrict some CCIDs to be entered from say 'R' responsibility.

We cannot achieve it through cross validation rule because it is based on the SOB level, not at resp.

Kindly let me know of any workarounds if you know of.

Thanks in advance.
farhatmfc

Post by farhatmfc »

can go for security rule but that would be applicable on responsiblilty and not on some specific code combinations
cherry

Post by cherry »

Thanks for your reply. Im aware of security rule. But we need to restrict it on CCID's for FEW responsibilities.

Any idea?
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi,

Security Rules are applicable to responsibilities...

thanks,

AmAn
cherry

Post by cherry »

I know security rules are applicable for responsibilities.

My question is, how to restrict CCIDs for a specific resp?

Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

The security can be applied on Flexfield segments but seems cherry you are looking for security on ID's in a table? Please elaborate. If so then check Forms Personalization. Thanks
cherry

Post by cherry »

Thanks Admin for your reply.

Let me elaborate. I have single SOB with multiple responsibilities (say R1, R2). When entering Journals, I want to restrict R1 resp user from entering this combination (01.1234.12345678.123.0000).

Above combination is just an example. I have a list of such combinations. Hope it clarifies.

Any suggestions now from experts?
Thanks
Cherry
admin

Post by admin »

I got your point. You want to restrict code combination at responsibility level and I don't think there is any direct way to do so. What you can do is to create security rules on each segment and include/exclude the values and assign to the responsibility. Now let us know the issue if any you are facing to solve your problem with the help of security rules. Thanks
raviteja.manchu

Post by raviteja.manchu »

HI ,

This can not be done with the help security rule or cross validation.So better try with form personalisation.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Manchu