SLA Question

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ahsan.global

SLA Question

Post by ahsan.global »

Hi

SLA is the source of producing accounting transaction in R12.
So if any transaction that fails to produce Accounting in AP or AR, SLA must be rectified to transfer the accounting information to Oracle GL...

Please correct me if I am wrong..

regards

ahsan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Ahsan,

you r rite that SLA generate accounting entries in R12.

But if you r using standard accrual or cash basis and any transaction fails to produce accounting then it doesn't mean that Ur SLA must be rectified.... there may be some problem with your transaction recording ... but if u define your own Accounting method then you may need to rectify SLA to perform correct accounting for transaction.

Thanks,
Aman
ahsan.global

Post by ahsan.global »

Hi

Thanks Aman for your reply.

For example, if we had a problem in AP, that usually have, do we target SLA tables or we target AP Accounting tables to rectify the same?

regards

Ahsan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Ahsan,

I think u should rectify accounting in AP by correcting your transaction and follow correct functional steps and if any error arise then you can search on metalink.... currently there few bugs in R12 GL/AP ... which may prevent accounting and other events.

thanks,

Aman