Deletating AP invoice which is validated in 11i

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
faisal.iqbal.sheikh

Deletating AP invoice which is validated in 11i

Post by faisal.iqbal.sheikh »

Hi,

I wanted to delete a invoice which validated. how can I do it, if somebody had similar problem and solved it please assist me regarding this issue as soon as possible. Thanks very much for the consideration friends.

Regards,
Faisal Iqbal Sheikh
admin

Post by admin »

Cancel it. thanks
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI admin & All

Canceling an invoice is the right treatment....but is there anyway to DELETE or completely remove the validated invoice ?
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi

I dont think so we can delete the invoice once it is saved. The best option is to cancel it only.

Cancelling invoice will help us in tracking purpose also whereas deleting the invoice will not serve the purpose.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Karan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Karan

I think you can delete the saved invoice before make any action like validate or approve. Once you make any action on it you can't delete it but cancel only because it saved in the invoice historical table.

Thanks
Hisham
Raghav18

Post by Raghav18 »

Hi,

As Faisal said once the invoice is validated it cannot be deleted. It can only be canceled. Again the person cannot process a different invoice with the same number after canceling the invoice.

Even when the payment is made this particular invoice will be appeared but the amount will be zero. We can still view the invoice on the application but cannot retrieve the amount it was processed for. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Raghav.
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

For the information - Once an Invoice is validated and you can not delete the invoice .

You can delete an invoice under the following conditions.
If the invoice has never been validated, matched to a purchase order, to a receipt or and is not accounted.
If the invoices needs revalidation or not matched to a purchase order, to a receipt or and is not accounted.
If the invoices is cancelled and not accounted .
You can not delete an invoice that is being processed by the Invoice approval workflow but you can delete an invoice that with an approval value of required or not Required

Thanks
Joy Thomas