Ajustment of Asset

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
oracleapps1983

Ajustment of Asset

Post by oracleapps1983 »

How can i change particular asset and i have to see the journal entries for that
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi

Can u be little more clear on your requirement.

Thanks
Karan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi oracleapps

You can make any adjustment for any asset like increase the asset numbers, asset cost, and transfer asset from location to other.

You can also run depreciation for the period then transfer the journal entry to G.L if you made any mistake you can rollback the journal entry first then rollback the depreciation then correct your asset.

Thanks
Hisham
tsm.apps

Post by tsm.apps »

Hi ,

Through mass transfer we can do the changes right?

I have one doubt please clear me.

I need to Change the Asset Category. Here i have done through manually like open the asset in the Asset Workbench and click on open button and changed. If i change the asset Category like this way, Asset life years will change automatically? Old asset Category is 3 years and new asset category is 5 years. How the depriciation will caluculate.

What is recalssification. We can change the asset category by using this function. Please tell me the difference between them.

Thanks,
Siva Mahesh
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi,

I have already tested the scenario and as i remember if u change cat then life does not change auto ....u have to change life manually for changing depreciation and all related info.. You can test the scenario by changing cat and running depr. widout closing period.

Further, if you change life from 3 to 5 years then it will cal. negative depreciation and adjust the Acc. depr. and NBV etc. for the specific asset.

All,,,,,,,,Please correct if i am wrong.

thanks,
Aman
tsm.apps

Post by tsm.apps »

Hi amankan,

I have changed the category and asset life years also. Is there any Business impact on Deprociation.

Could you please let me know something more about Reclassification. How to increase the Asset life years.

Thanks
Siva Mahesh.