Oracle data loader is Unable to Paste data in Form

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
zeeshan.qazi

Oracle data loader is Unable to Paste data in Form

Post by zeeshan.qazi »

Dear All,

I am using Oracle Data Loader (DL) to load Data in Accounts and Position Set in PSB. It is properly working on Vision Server (Test) and pastes all the date in required fields as desired, but the same programming it is unable to perform the same action for Production Server. It just Execute the \{TAB}, *DN, *SB and *DN functions etc. After performing all the actions Form still appears blank.

Now I want to execute the same program to paste the massive data into the required fields.

Please let me know the action plane form any one having expertise in DL.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zeeshan Qazi.
APPS Consultant.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Zeeshan,

Check your DL Script and ensure that u have covered all filed with data and TABS depending your COA and form structure and also perform save function in the end of each line.

Thanks,
Aman
zeeshan.qazi

Post by zeeshan.qazi »

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have checked all the required steps. These are absolutely correct. Even the same thing is being tested in test server and giving 100% correct output.

I am really surprised when I try it on production server. Please reconsider the my request and help me to find an appropriate solution. I am using DataLoad V4

Thank you.

Best Regards.
Zeeshan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Zeshan,

when u insert single record using data loader in form then save the record... can u c the save msg displayed in title bar on apps. ?

If form save the data then u run query - CTRL + F11 on the form then data should be displayed in form....
admin

Post by admin »

I am sure you will not be able to use copy and paste options on that instance as DL uses copy, paste. Now the solution of this problem is to use single character input instead of copy, paste. Let us know if still problem persists. Just prefix a backslash with the data in each cell.

\Cell Data

http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/keystrokes.htm

thanks
zeeshan.qazi

Post by zeeshan.qazi »

Hi Aman,

As you know I have to upload massive data, therefore I divide it cost centers to cost centers. And then departments etc. so it is observed that DL is working properly as we usually do our normal operations through DL, the unique thing is this that it don?t paste/write words/numbers by itself as defined in DL programming.

However the same DL programming is very effective for Test Server and giving the desired output.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask me.

Thank you aman.

Regards,
Zeeshan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

As admin said put \ to the data cell and test 1 row through DL. It should work...
zeeshan.qazi

Post by zeeshan.qazi »

Dear All,

You will be pleased to know that I have find the solution. Now my DBAs are working to fix the problem.

You may consult Matalink Note:434038.1

During my R&D I came to know, I am unable to paste Words/Number by using any tool like Excel or notepad etc. By right Click paste Option was unable.

So to make paste option we should have to follow the following action plane:

-- To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
If this problem is shown on all client machines connecting to this application then the server configuration is not correct. The jar files may not be signed correctly or the oajinit.exe is not packaged with the correct digital certificate identitydb.obj.

1.Run adjkey -initialize.

a) Use your applmgr user to source your environment with the $APPL_TOP/APPSORA.env file.

b) Run "adjkey -initialize" from the command line to create a new digital certificate identitydb.obj file within the home directory of the applmgr. Check the time stamp on the identitydb.obj to make sure the file is new after running adjkey -initialize.

Example:
$adjkey -initialize

2.Force generate jar files with adadmin utility. This will sign the jar files with the new digital certificate identitydb.obj.

3.Re-bundle the oajinit.exe with the adjbuild.sh script.

4.Add/Remove all jnitiators on the client machine you are going to test with.

After the Add/Remove program runs to remove the jinitiator:

a) Make sure that all Program Files - Oracle - jinitiator < version> folders are gone.
b) Make sure the identitydb.obj file is removed from the Program Files - Oracle folder is removed.
c) Make sure in the registry does not show a jinitiator folder under Hkey_Local_Machine - Software -Oracle.
d) Reboot the Client machine

5. Login into oracle applications and re-test the issue.

Hope after implement all the action plane I will update u guys.

Thanks for kind corporations.

Best Regards
Zeeshan.