Unable to set Profile Journal: Default Category

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ssalipk

Unable to set Profile Journal: Default Category

Post by ssalipk »

Hi,

I am new to Oracle Financial and am using 11.5.10.2 , I am unable to set the profile journal: Default Category because whenever I try to select category (already created and assigned it with Sequence) does not appear under responsibility column at System Profile Values form due to this I can not create journal with my own created category.

Thanks in advance
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Can you select it while entering a manual journal?

Octavio
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

No, I can not select during manual journal entry
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hi.

So something is wrong. You should be able to select it from the Categories even that, for some reason, it was not attached to the proper sequence/SOB. In this case you would receive an error message.
While entering a journal, check if you can select any other category even if it has not defined a sequence and a SOB. If you receive an error message saying the sequence is not defined i think you should open an SR. I checked in my system and i'm able to select any category defined in the Categories window.

Octavio
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

I have assigned set of Books with two other sequences by mistake but I have close these by enter end date, is this related with this error, thanks
admin

Post by admin »

Will appreciate if you will let us know all the steps you had taken to create and assign these categories. thanks
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

I am using document Oracle Apps- Financial 11i - v4.2.pdf and using the same steps which is describe in this document.

Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

What are the other profile options you have set of this responsibility. thanks
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

1. GL Set of Books name is Ok
2. Sequential Numbering is Ok
3. Journal: Default Category Not Ok ( Under responsibility column my own created category is not there)

as per the document described I have followed all the steps twice and even I have created this by using another responsibility but the error is still same.

Regards,
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

I have overcome this problem , actually I was using document category instead journal category during the assignment.

Thanks for all persons