Bank Charges

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
leela

Bank Charges

Post by leela »

Hi All,
Please specify how to enter Bank charges occurred while creating payment to the supplier. If Charges beard by customer and supplier.
Thanks & Regards,
Leela.
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Once check there is a option to enter charges for payments while reconciliation and then come to payments window create accounting. u can see the journal entries.

Let me know the result did u got or not. If u r preparing any document pls mail to the below address

oracleapps1983@gmail.com
leela

Post by leela »

Hi,
Sorry i didnt get you.Actualley my client requirement is he is paying bank charges for payments made to suppliers like DDs expenses.How i can book that expneses. Is there any standard way is there.
Thanks,
Leela
rao

Post by rao »

Hi leela........

Calculating Bank Charges :

Bank Charges are Internal which is paid by the Customer.. ... and the other is Supplier Standard/negotiable.......

first you need to enable bank charges at payable option ( at payments Tab)
then it will enable at supplier tab automatically..... (before that it will be disabled and protected field)

Then you at supplier header level and site level it will be enabled...... u can choose as per your client requirements............

if u want to calculate bank charges for transferring from one bank to other then you need to setup bank charges..........
NAV: setup--payments---bank charges.....

This is used for Wire payments only...........

when u create an invoice... and make a payments........
at the time of manual clearing in cash management..... u need to enter manually the bank charges amount in exchange rate tab.......after selecting the field......

at the time of reconciliation that charges will be defaulted ..........
after reconciliation go back to payables and query the payments and click on actions and check the create accounting.... (before that the status will be reconciled unaccounted)....... after create accounting ........ just go to menu---- tools--view accounting---- the bank charges account details can be seen....

i hope the above steps solves u r query.......

if am wrong plz reply me.......