how to Restriction of cash payments ?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ash_obs

how to Restriction of cash payments ?

Post by ash_obs »

Can any one help out this......My client is having this requirement to make restriction of cash payments in excess of Rs.20000. I have given the Maximum payment amount as 20000 in the Bank Account(Cash Book) payables options region. With this the system is giving a caution message at the time of making payment morethan 20000 but allowing to make payment.Is there any other configuration to make restriction over payments morethan 20000. Sharing of knowledge by someone is very much appreciated.
Ver. 11.5.10

Thanks,
Obs
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Did you try to personalize the form?

Octavio
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Hello

Octavio has provided you an option , Did you try that option , Let me give some more details.

There is no seeded option in Payables to force the maximum amount in a payment Batch.

There are many custom options like Form Personalization , Custom.pll or make custom program and submit payment batch from the custom program and your custom program will check that total of invoices selected will not exceed more than Rs 20000.
Is this means that the limit of payment amount is restricted to each payment batch or they can submit more than one payment with Rs 20000 in one day . Ask the client what is the exact desired objective behind this requirement .
Is this big Organization , I think a specific person or a specific group of people will be allowed to make the payment ?
if this is true, create separate responsibility only for those people make
payments and other people should not have access to create a payment Batch and create a user procedures with a manual approval and with the help of some Sql queries and make sure that your payment department should not make the a payment batch with an amount more than Rs .20000. The only limitation is that you can not restrict the user to make a payment exceeding more than Rs 20000.

If any of the forum members had a business requirement like this and please share with the implemented d solution.

Thanks

Joy Thomas
niletra

Post by niletra »

HI

WHAT joythomas told is correct there is options maximum outlay and mini outlay which u define at the time of create bank accounts ok......