Clarification for qualifiers?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
tariq

Clarification for qualifiers?

Post by tariq »

hi all ,

i need clarification for qualifiers why we need it when we create major and minor and why when we add new segment there is no qualifiers ,
whats the business behind that .

i will appreciate ur cooperation in this regard .
pushpaveniu

Post by pushpaveniu »

Hi
your question is not clear. you wrote major and minor here. regarding for what you wrote major and minor and where??

as per my knowledger there are no major or minor qualifiers.
See in apps we can use two types of qualifiers.
1. Flexfield Qualifers
2. Segment Qualifiers
Flexfied qualifiers(FFQ) are 5 types in 11i envt
1. Balancing Segment Qualifier(mandatory)
2.Natural Account Qualifier(mandator)
3. Cost Center Segment Qualifier
4. Intercompany Segment Qualifier
5.Secondary Tracking Segment Qualifier

These Flexfield Qualifeirs are we can assign to segments while define the Organization Structure.we can assign mandatory 2 FFQ'S To segments.

See here Qualifier means it will fullfill the appropriate function or task wat you are going to be performed like balance sheet, trial balance, budgets, etc...

See you are assigning Balancing Segment Qualifer assigning to company segment, means this qualifer will fulfill the function of balancing of debits and credits in the journals or books etc.

if you are going to take balance sheet using this structure, then that qualifier helps us to balancing the debits and credit amounts.

These Flexfied Qualifiers only once we can enter while we defining structure.often we can not assign to segments.

2. Where as Segment Qualifiers will see in defining values for segments like Set up >Financials > Flexfields > Key > Values in GL,
you will find segment qualifiers like allow budgeting Yes,allow posting Yes.
these Qualifiers you can change n number of times where as in FFQ you cannot.

i hope it helps you
if any doubts let me know
regards,
pushpa
mstapps

Post by mstapps »

can u tell me how many flexfield qualifiers in r12

advance thanks
mstapps