Setup info for Reliance Group of Company?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kuhu4050

Setup info for Reliance Group of Company?

Post by kuhu4050 »

Hi All,

I'm newbie in Oracle apps field, trying to prepare a test setup for Reliance Group of Company i.e.
a) Reliance Petro
b) Reliance Telecom
c) Reliance Energy
d) Reliance IT
A & B companies operation in India as well as in Europe also. And for C & D companies based in India only. How do i make setup for this using Finance module (GL, AP, PO, AR, FA and CM).

Plz explain in detail with a proper Scenario.

Thanx in advance.

Kuhu
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hi Kuhu

I think you will have to create a Muti-Org setup. Organisation model canl be define as under :

Create a Business Group viz. " Reliance Group of Co's.".
Define all companies as separate Legal Entity.
Under each legal entity define Operating Units & Inventory Org's.
Define relationship between all the legal entities.
Create One SOB & attach the same to all Legal Entities.
Data partitioning is possible by creating different sites for suppliers & vendors. Means eventhough supplier / vendoe master is common across all the legal entities, by creating different sites we can differentiate the transactions of each legal entity.

Actually the entire process is very descriptive , but I am just trying to articulate in short.

Best Regards
Dhananjay
amit_gupta

Post by amit_gupta »

I think the setup provided by Dhananjay is very effective [okay]
kumar_apps

Post by kumar_apps »

Hi Dhanajay,

The explaination is clear and helpful, still I need some explaintion on " Define/ing relationship between all the legal entities" - steps to do it.

Pls. explain.

Regards
Kumar

[quote]Hi Kuhu

I think you will have to create a Muti-Org setup. Organisation model canl be define as under :

Data partitioning is possible by creating different sites for suppliers & vendors. Means eventhough supplier / vendoe master is common across all the legal entities, by creating different sites we can differentiate the transactions of each legal entity.

Actually the entire process is very descriptive , but I am just trying to articulate in short.

Best Regards
Dhananjay

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Dhananjay
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hi Kumar

For performing captive transactions between the legal entities under same business group , I think we need to define the relationship between different legal entities. This is what we call as "Inter Company Sale/Purchase". And setup require is for performing intercompany transactions.

Regards
Dhananjay

[quote]Hi Dhanajay,

The explaination is clear and helpful, still I need some explaintion on " Define/ing relationship between all the legal entities" - steps to do it.

Pls. explain.

Regards
Kumar

[quote]Hi Kuhu

Best Regards
Dhananjay

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Dhananjay
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

I do not think it is right to attach the same SOB to all the companies as A, B are in Europe and India using different currency. They could use the COA and calendar but not currency.

2) What will happen to interco transactions?

3) what happens to reporting and consolidation?

Where is the HQ and what currency will the consolidation or reporting use?

Pls international gurus answers these questions

Regards
Nick