Any help in financials pls post your questions

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hi Sridhar

I need your help on the following issue. Pls. share yr. expertise.

Client is a Real Estate Development Company. In the first phase of Oracle implementation, Financials,HRMS, & Treasury modules will be implemented. And in the second phase, may be after 7 to 8 months, Oracle Projects and Property Management module will get implemented.
I am proposing following segments in COA (based on the clients requirement) :
Seg.1 : Company (Bal.Seg.)
Seg.2 : Activity
Seg.3 : Cost Center
Seg.4 : Project
Seg.5 : Account
Seg.6 : Future1

To track the project related expenses & revenues, i am including project as a segment in COA. But after implementation of project, that tracking will be possible from Project module itself.

Now here I am in dilema, whether should I have a segment "Project" or no and whether there will be any adverse effect of this segment while implementation of Oracle Project module subsequently.

If I do not consider this segment Project in COA and from Budgets (In GL) if I create budget organisation for each Project, whether that will help me appropriately. But in budget org. also we need to put values (High and Low) which are getting captured from COA only. So for capturing these values in budget, I need to have some information/segment in COA.

I hope my problem is clear to you. Pls. expedite your input as that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Dhananjay

[quote]Hi

i am financial trainer in apps in india. If you have any questions with respect to apps financials pls post it in this forum. I am happy to assist in all possible ways.

Sridhar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sridhar_6735
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi

It is always advisable to keep projects as segment particularly with real estate company. The chart of accounts you have derived is fine. Keep the same dont changeit.

Regards

Sridhar
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi

with respect to Ramarao, Remi i will be posting my reply soon. Please wait for 2 to 3 days. With respect to essentials for implementors i will post questions soon.

regards

Sridhar
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi Sridhar,
can you give me any idea on PLA, RG Register, Excise..or can u give me some doc on this.. i need it urgently .
Requirement is the step wise process and its flow in excise and accounting too...
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Thanks a lot Dear Sridhar... and thanks to ERP Stuff.Com for providing forum which is extremely useful.

Best Regards

[quote]Hi

It is always advisable to keep projects as segment particularly with real estate company. The chart of accounts you have derived is fine. Keep the same dont changeit.

Regards

Sridhar

srinum_mba

Post by srinum_mba »

hi sridhar
can u send me RD-50 document with one example?
it is needed now.
thank u
Muhammad Shah

Post by Muhammad Shah »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up R12 Ap, AR, and CM.
should i follow the same setup steps which are necessary for 11i.
Plz Guide me thanks
Muhammad Yasir
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up R12 Ap, AR, and CM.
should i follow the same setup steps which are necessary for 11i.
Plz Guide me thanks
Muhammad Yasir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Muhammad Shah - Jul 19 2007 : 05:59:03 AM</div id="right"></i>
Hi

R12 is different ballgame alltogetherion. there are lot of changes in the setups. pls download R12 guide prepared by admin and me which is available at documents section.

Regards

Sridhar.R
Muhammad Shah

Post by Muhammad Shah »

Dear Sirdhar,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I've read R12 Financials guide.
It's really weldeveloped and very beautifully arranged. It doesn't address the Setup processes of AP and AR and CM and FA.
I need help abt them
Plz help me.
Muhammad Yasir
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Dear Sirdhar,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I've read R12 Financials guide.
It's really weldeveloped and very beautifully arranged. It doesn't address the Setup processes of AP and AR and CM and FA.
I need help abt them
Plz help me.
Muhammad Yasir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Muhammad Shah - Jul 19 2007 : 11:23:47 PM</div id="right"></i>
Hi

we have almost finalized AP setups and will be added soon. Its taking time as we are checking the setups with different scenarios and that will be followed by other setups.

Regards

R.sridhar
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hello Sridhar

Please guide me on the following issue :

Can we set the sequence numbers for the journals which will represent first month & year and then document number e.g. can we have document sequence like Jan-07/001,Jan-07/002 and in next month Feb-07/001, Feb-07/002 like that..

First of all I am not sure whether we can have alphanumeric document sequence numbers and what will be the consequenses,disadvantages/advantages of having and not having document numbers in this fashion. whether I will be able to search any document anytime... what if a particular document is cancelled... can we set this type of numbering to generate automatic numbers in GL/AP and AR also....[?]

Kindly give your opinion in detailed with examples which will clear all doubts.

Thanking you with best regards
Dhananjay

[quote]Hi

i am financial trainer in apps in india. If you have any questions with respect to apps financials pls post it in this forum. I am happy to assist in all possible ways.

Sridhar

safdar_hassan

Post by safdar_hassan »

In payables module, In Payment screen there is a field called Document Number. It is autmatically generated.

While making a payment some time we want to replace this automatically generated number with any other number manually.
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hi Sridhar

Could you please guide me on the following issue :

In the construction company's business usually there will be some deduction (say 5% of the invoice amount) from the contractor's /suppliers invoice towards retention money. This 5% amount deducted will be due for payment after six months from completion of the contract.

In other words, 95% of the invoice amount will be due for payment say after 60 days of credit term, but for the balance 5% amount the due date is not fixed date as there is no identifiable specific time limit.

Pls. tell me how to handle this requirement in AP. What payment term should be used for 5% retention money.
Even if there is any non-standard workaround is available, pls. tell me.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks & Regards
Dhananjay
navindudhe

Post by navindudhe »

Dear Sridhar,
I'm stuck at this particular issue. Pls help ASAP.
I'm importing legacy data from non-oracle application. I've defined Line & Invoice Transaction DFF. The AutoInvoice is importing transactions properly, but the sales credits are not populating in the RA_INTERFACE_SALESCREDIT_ALL table.
Pls let me know the setups or any DFF to be created for this, ASAP.

Thanks
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

HI

Can youplease guide me on how to setup hierarchial budget.
As in, my CoA has 3 segments -
Unit.Natural Account.Department

Now for an expense account say, E and a department say D
and for 3 units say, 1,2,3

If I budget 1000 rupees to 1.E.D, my requirement is to distribute this amount to units 2 and 3
Say, I want to budget 600 to 2 and 400 to 3
2.E.D - 600
3.E.D - 400

Unit 1(1000)
|
--------------------
| |
Unit 2(600) Unit 3(400)

Please guide me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Hi

Sridhar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sridhar_6735 - Apr 24 2006 : 10:05:48 PM</div id="right"></i>