AR:knockoff Invoice with another customer Receipt

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
navson

AR:knockoff Invoice with another customer Receipt

Post by navson »

Dear All,
How can i setoff invoice of one customer to the rerceipt of another i.e customer A is a gurantor who pays in advance in case of default from any customer Customer A advance will be reduced by the the amount of default from other customer.Remember Customer A is a guarntor for other customers and he takes guarantee that in case of default from anty customer he will pay ,how can i perform this scenario?
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

If you want to use a receipt to pay a transaction that belongs to a different customer you just have to navigate to Setup/System/System Options and, in the Transactions and Customers section, check the checkbox Allow Payment of Unrelated Transactions.

Octavio
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

The better option will be create a relation ship between the two customers.

If the relation ship is maintained we can apply the receipts of one customer with another customer invoice.

If the apply receipts of un related customers is selected, system may become totally un controlled.

Thanks,
Shanmukh