General Ledger Flexfield Types

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
oracleapps1983

General Ledger Flexfield Types

Post by oracleapps1983 »

In R12 there are 3 types of General Ledger Flexfields
1. Accounting Flexfield
2. Reporting Attributes: Accounting
3. GL Ledger Flexfield

I want to know "GL Ledger Flexfield" is what purpose it is used.

Regards
Oracleapps1983
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

i am also having the same doubut gururs..

can some body expalin what is the exact funtionality of this flexifield?
nesrine

Post by nesrine »

Hi,

The new flexfield called GL Ledger Flexfield is for internal use only. It must not be modified. The GL Ledger Flexfield is created and maintained automatically. Users should completely ignore this flexfield.

If the GL Ledger Flexfield is modified manually, processing can be incorrect in some functions, such as FSG, Mass Allocations, etc.

[:D]
KIMKhan

Post by KIMKhan »

Hi

'GL ledger flexfield' is the new flexfield name for GL in R12, it is called the Ledger Flexfield, and it is for internal use only. The GL ledger flexfield ( GLLE ) having one additional Ledger segment works as a mirror for the Accounting Flexfield ( GL#). The GLLE chart of accounts will be created automatically when the corresponding GL chart of accounts gets compiled. Compiling a GL# chart of accounts raises a flexfield business event to which GL subscribes. Every time the business event is raised, the "Program - Generate Ledger Flexfield" concurrent program is submited to generate the corresponding GLLE chart of accounts., So, if GLLE chart of accounts are not getting created automatically, then user need to verify that their system is setup correctly to process business events.

Regards

KIMKhan
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Thanks gurus

but what is the exact functionality of this flexifield.. why oracel brought into r12?
KIMKhan

Post by KIMKhan »

The GL Ledger Flexfield (Code - GLLE) is a mirror image of the GL Accounting Flexfield (Code - GL #) is used exclusively for certain GL features such as Mass Allocations, Recurring Journals and FSG Reports.

As of now I could find only this much of information on the GLLE, I will update the post whenever I find some extra information on the same.

Regards

KIM Khan.