Gap analysis solutions

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
benny

Gap analysis solutions

Post by benny »

Hi Members,

My doubt is in Gap analysis during mapping. Usually experienced consultants that come across gaps in the system they either go for the following;

1.Workarounds.
2.alternative solutions.
3.application extensions.
4.changing the underlying business process.

Could anyone who had done gap analysis explain these with examples and help people like to me to learn new things.

Regards,
Ben[?]
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

The Difference is as Follows

a) Workaround Solution: The Letter of credit which you can manage using DFF and there is a metalink a document for this in Customer Knowledge Exchange area

b) Alternative Solutions: The Petty Cash can be maintained in Oracle in four ways

i) Create a Dummy supplier as Petty Cash and make a Prepayment of 5000 and apply standard Invoice as and when expenses are incurred against that Invoice

ii) Use AR Miscellaneous Receipt functionality to enter Positive receipts and negative receipt for Payments

iii) Journals in GL

iv) Define an Employee as Petty Cash and enter advance Payment as Prepayment and use Expense reports of employee to manage the petty expenses and create standard invoice and apply it to Prepayment

c) Application Extensions: The Standard Oracle functionality is one contract per Customer. But if the Business Requirement is if you want to have One contract across Customers then you may have to build the application extension.

Example: If there is building having 500 Apartments and there is one contract and each apartment owner is a customer and they are all bind by a contract to pay maintenance charge based on area of occupancy.
You need to build an extension and create separate invoice for each apartment owner to collect money.

d) Changing the Underlying Business Process

Example: If there is a Project Contract with one supplier and then you may have issued a PO to construct a bridge for 100 million USD and you may have to pay 10 % advance and as and when the contractor submits the bill based on work certified you need to adjust advance and maintain retention, then you may have to build a custom functionality wherein you can maintain Project contract amount, Project Completion, Advance paid and Amount Retained and amount of work certified, amount of work uncertified etc.,

This is available in oracle to my knowledge say 60% but not 100%.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

That is a very detailed explanation Shiva .....
Thank you very much on behalf of the member...
benny

Post by benny »

Hi Siva,

Its been a long time since I checked this section....

Thanks a ton for the amazing explanation.

Best Wishes
Ben[?]
aruns

Post by aruns »

Hi Sivkumar,

Will it possible for you to provide a sample real life Fit/Gap Analysis document? You can strip names of the company and the logo and any other details that is not necessary.

Thanks,

AS