Data Migration

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rangareddy.apps

Data Migration

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Hi Guru's

I am very new to implementation ,in the oracle carrier the implementations is a milestone and big challenge to the consultant
i am now that big challenge basically i was an support comsultant

Please help me on this issue
Baesd on the client data we need to upload the TB in GL and here we need to use the Clearing accounts of AP and AR
what is the purpose of these saccounts and what will be effect of these
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

When you load the TB in GL you will be loading also the customers and suppliers balances. When loading the data into the subledgers you cannot use the same accounts used for TB or the data will become duplicated. That's where you need to use Clearing Accounts.

Octavio
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hello,

dont mind can u explain little bit more clearly regarding Clearing Accounts. What do u mean of Supplier Accounts and Customer Accounts. Whether those are Payble account are Receivable Accounts?

Thanks and Regards,
Murthy
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Murthy.
When you move from other system into Oracle APPS you have to load the Trial Balance into Oracle General Ledger. The TB comprises all accounts and balances, including the debts from customers (Accounts Receivable) and the debts to suppliers (Accounts Payables). After loading the TB, you will need also to load the open items into Receivables and Payables. That is where you will need to use Clearing Accounts because the amounts corresponding to open item have already been loded into GL when you uploaded the TB.

Octavio
asubramaniam

Post by asubramaniam »

Hello Mr Octavio,

You are trying say here, the debts are not received ( receivables ) & not paid ( payables) during data migration that are called open items. These open items also get upload into oracle to adjust the customer / supplier balances when you receive receipt / making payment . Till such time these balances ( transactions ) would be kept in clearing accounts.

Is my understanding correct ? Please confirm.

thanks/ Subramaniam
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Subramaniam.

Yes, i'm talking about the open items at the time of the migration. After entering them in the Subledgers you should post them to GL and reverse the journals created to clear the duplication TB/open items.

Octavio
rangareddy.apps

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Hi Octavio,

Thank you for the valuable information i understood verymuch if we have one example it wiil be very much clear to me

Please dont mind asking for example