Issue with transaction processing date.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

Issue with transaction processing date.

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

I have business case where business is spread across the globe and the application server is setup in USA. Now the issue is business want to capture the transaction with local date and time. For example when a user is entering a transaction in Australia at 11.35 AM local time on 8 Jul but the system is showing the US date and time 7 July 9:35 PM. Since the application server is based out of USA. In such case how/what can be done to capture the local date and time for the transaction. Your suggestion and replies on the issue is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shashi.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Shashi

I think the application has a function for the different locations. Try to check the location function in HRMS or search in metalink for this issue.

Thanks
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Can you more specfic about the Location Function.

Regards,
Shashi.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Shashi

Search for different locations in HR module via metalink.

first you can check the doc no.215509.1.

Thanks
Hisham
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi hiszaki,

I have gone thru the DOC 215509.1, it is talking about the address style. I need more on date related functionality.

Regards,
Shashi.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I got a reply from my DBA circles that the standard functionality does not support this requirement. I also got a feedback that personalization had been done for this requirement in one of the implementation, but a tough one (I can't vouch this as I was not part of that impl).

I would also like to know if anyone has more details on this.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG