Budget Journals

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rangareddy.apps

Budget Journals

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Hi Guru's

I had one Doubt
While Creating the Budget journals in the GL
once we enterd the amount for the account code combintation to create the budget journals we need to click on the Budget Journals and here why we need to click on the Check Funds and reserve funds. Here we are cerating the Budget journals only.

If it is Actual journals we need to click on the Check Funds and reserve funds it will deduct the amount from the Budegt amount.

Now my doubt if we click the check funds and reserve funds option in the creation of the Budget journals where it will reduce the amount
i know that it wont reduce the amount any where but what is the purpose the check funds and reseve funds in the form of the Budget Journals

THanks
Reddy
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

My view is given below.

When you enable 'Budgetary Control' for a SOB/Legder, all the journal vouchers should go through 'Funds Check' process (be it actual JV or Budget JV). For budget journals, it will not reduce any amount.

If you have budgets for only few accounts, the other accounts (non budgeted accounts) will also go though the funds check and the result will be "These accounts do not require the funds check".

Though it looks funny, it is mandatory step to be followed.

Good question indeed!!!

Cheers,
Saravanan
rangareddy.apps

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Thanks Sarvanan.

We can understand this is mandatory step
if we had a tough user it is tough time to make him t understand to him

Any way thank you once again
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Explain to the user that it is not a daily activity. Budget entry happens once in a year (in general) and few modifications during the year. If the user is still not satisfied, never mind.[:)]

Cheers,
Saravanan TG