To TRACE A FORM ACTION

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

To TRACE A FORM ACTION

Post by anu_uma »

[purple]Hi,
I want to trace a Form level transaction, that is from frontend i want to know the backend activity? how to do that?

we can trace the Concurrent programs by enabling the trace, here in the frontend also we can do the same from help --?diagnostic--> Trace--> Regular Trace
but I am not able to see the output in Vision instance.

ur Suggestions are highly appreciated
Uma][/purple
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi all,
thanks for the support from this site....

I got the output of the trace enabled transactions from

e:\oracle\vispb01db\9.2.0\admin\vispb01_pbreugel\udump\vispb01_ora_3592_sysadm in.trc

If anyone want to check u can it with trace enabled and then go to the server and in the above path area we can get the .trc file.......

For ex. if you are tracing the invoice workbench, open the trace file, check the same with the ap_invoices_all table name......

ofcourse only a technical person can understand the output of the trace....

Thanks,
Uma
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

read trace file by using tkprof
[quote]Hi all,
thanks for the support from this site....

I got the output of the trace enabled transactions from

e:\oracle\vispb01db\9.2.0\admin\vispb01_pbreugel\udump\vispb01_ora_3592_sysadm in.trc

If anyone want to check u can it with trace enabled and then go to the server and in the above path area we can get the .trc file.......

For ex. if you are tracing the invoice workbench, open the trace file, check the same with the ap_invoices_all table name......

ofcourse only a technical person can understand the output of the trace....

Thanks,
Uma

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by anu_uma