Opening Balance issue......

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
dileepkumar

Opening Balance issue......

Post by dileepkumar »

Hi All,

My client want to see the opening balances of last year balance Of march2008(closing year balances).

He is not interested to give the historical data because that has their confidential and private accounting information.

For this only opening balances of journals of GL, Invoices,Payments Balances, Receipts and Transactions

in which clearing accounts i have to post the appropriate journals to meet the requirement of Clients Balance Sheet. of this year..

Thanks in Advance.......

Regards..
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

1. Is it Mar-2008 closing balance or Mar-2009 closing balance?
2. Why do you want to post the balances in the clearing accounts?

Take the trial balance from the legacy system and change the account combinations as per COA values in oracle GL. Then upload this trial balance in GL.

Cheers,
Saravanan
tirumal

Post by tirumal »

Hi Saravanan,

thanks for sharing your views on this qurey

<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>Is it Mar-2008 closing balance or Mar-2009 closing balance?</span id='hl'>

Yes It is Mar-2009 Closing balances

<style type='text/css' id='bigchar'> #BIGCHAR {background: black; color: white; font-size: 16pt; } </style><SPAN ID='bigchar'>Why do you want to post the balances in the clearing accounts?
</SPAN id='bigchar'>
Because of entering all the journals, payments ,invoices ,receipts and Transactions information (Historical data)...

<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>I want to post the balances appropriate Accounts by entering the journals manually in GL on the first day of the year(2009 April 1st) it will updates
the account information and archive the object of balance sheet) </span id='hl'>

This is my perception of above query. I am asking you to share u r ideas and Knowledge for the same ...

let me know which accounts either clearing or other account heads i have to post manual journals.......

Dileep
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Sorry to tell you that some basic accounting concepts are missing from your side.

Cheers,
Saravanan