Interview Questions?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nrao1981

Interview Questions?

Post by nrao1981 »

hi, everybody. here iam posting my interview questions can any one help me out. As per 11i

1. we well transfer data from subledger modules to Gl . In this case if we transfer data from AP 11i to GL what are the tables effected. tell me the table names, If we transfer data from AR to GL what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names. Afer that If we want to transfer the data from GL backend to front end which report we will run.

2.Auto invoice table names.

3.In AR we can create receipts using Autolockbox. if we want to record the receipt s in AR which report we will run and what are the tables got effected

4. Auto lockbox table names

5. while we are transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names and which report we will run to tranfer data from back end to front end.

6. in support project we will run TAR where we will run TAR

7. we are in support project and we got one issue from the client . if we want to know the version how we will know it

8. if we want to transfer data from order mgt to AR which report we will run and what are the tables effected and tell me the names of the tables.
9. diff between interface tables and tables

10. we have diff types of items like inventory item , expense item ,goods like that if the item is inventory item what are the options we have to enable while defining master items. if the item is expense item what are the options we have to enable....

11. diff between inventory item and expense item

12. in AR we have to do some setups for misllenious receipt then only we can raise miscellanious receipt what are the setups

13. in Order management what are the Mandatory set ups we have to do

14. I f we want to create holds what are the setups we have to do( some text is missing yar )

15. in consolidation if the segements in parent and subsidary sob are different . in this case can we do consolidation

16 . we raised blanket po . at the time of blanket release the price is increased . in this case what will happen

17. while defining multi org we have to define the responsibilities so where we will define the responsibilities

18. i defined the responsibilities in multi org. now i want to create operatin unit what is the first step

19. in ap we have payment method EFT. what are the set ups we have to do and explain the step by step process

20. in implementation we gatered the requirements from the client and
operation analysis is over and we find out the solutions an d analysed gaps. so aa a functional consultant what is our first step?

21. I want to transfer data from legacy data to oracle using auto invoice. Here we will use one term what is the term ?

22. I transferred data from legacy to oracle. Some data is not transferred t o oracle . so as a function consultant where you will check to solve this.

23. while defining the auto ac rules we will pick default values from transaction type is one thing and what is the another source ? pickup from sales person means what?

24. while defining multi org we will run replicate seed data to duplicate the existing reports and all. From where the existing data will be transferred , I don?t have any vision instance
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Did you get time to go through oracle documents and metalink to find out answers?

There are some simple questions and some medium complex questions. You can atleast try the simple questions like finding out the tables (if you are a tech consultant).

It would be better if you post the questions for which you are not able to find/understand answers from the oracle docs and metalink.

Cheers,
Saravanan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I give below some of the answers. In addition to the below answers, you can go through oracle standard docs and metalink docs to get detailed answers.

<font color="green">1. we well transfer data from subledger modules to Gl . In this case if we transfer data from AP 11i to GL what are the tables effected. tell me the table names, If we transfer data from AR to GL what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names. Afer that If we want to transfer the data from GL backend to front end which report we will run.</font id="green">

<b>AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
AP_INVOCIE_PAYMENTS_ALL
RA_CUST_TRX_LINE_GL_DIST_ALL
AR_CASH_RECEIPT_HISTORY_ALL
</b>

<font color="green">2.Auto invoice table names.</font id="green">

<b>RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_ERRORS_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_SALESCREDITS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">3.In AR we can create receipts using Autolockbox. if we want to record the receipt s in AR which report we will run and what are the tables got effected</font id="green">

<b>As far as I know you should run the following. You can perform all three steps simultaneously also.

1. Submit Import
2. Submit Validation
3. Run Post Quick Cash</b>

<font color="green">4. Auto lockbox table names</font id="green">

<b>AR_INTERIM_CASH_RECEIPTS_ALL
AR_INTERIM_CASH_RCPT_LINES_ALL
AR_PAYMENTS_INTERFACE_ALL
AR_CASH_RECEIPTS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">5. while we are transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names and which report we will run to tranfer data from back end to front end.
</font id="green">

<b>What is the application and what kind of data uploaded from legacy to oracle?</b>

<font color="green">6. in support project we will run TAR where we will run TAR</font id="green">

<b>There is nothing like "Run TAR". If there are issues related to standard oracle, you will create a service request with oracle to analyze the issue and get the solution from oracle.</b>

<font color="green">7. we are in support project and we got one issue from the client . if we want to know the version how we will know it</font id="green">

<font color="green">8. if we want to transfer data from order mgt to AR which report we will run and what are the tables effected and tell me the names of the tables.
</font id="green">

<b>Run Auto Invoice Master Program

RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_ALL
RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_LINES_ALL
RA_CUST_TRX_LINE_SALESREPS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">9. diff between interface tables and tables</font id="green">

<b>Interface tables stores the data temporarily which will be transfered to the oracle tables after validataing the interface data.
</b>

<font color="green">10. we have diff types of items like inventory item , expense item ,goods like that if the item is inventory item what are the options we have to enable while defining master items. if the item is expense item what are the options we have to enable....</font id="green">

<b>Refer metalink id 242175.1</b>

<font color="green">11. diff between inventory item and expense item</font id="green">

<b>Inventory items are stored in the inventory and expense items are expensed out (quantity and value can not be tracked) when it is received.</b>

<font color="green">12. in AR we have to do some setups for misllenious receipt then only we can raise miscellanious receipt what are the setups</font id="green">

<b>Receivable activity should be created</b>

<font color="green">13. in Order management what are the Mandatory set ups we have to do</font id="green">

<font color="green">14. If we want to create holds what are the setups we have to do( some text is missing yar )</font id="green">

"Yar"??

<b>You don't need to do any setups if you want to use the seeded ones. Just attach the holds in the AP invoice.</b>

<font color="green">15. in consolidation if the segements in parent and subsidary sob are different . in this case can we do consolidation</font id="green">

<b>Yes. Possible as long as you are able to create mapping</b>

<font color="green">16 . we raised blanket po . at the time of blanket release the price is increased . in this case what will happen</font id="green">

<font color="green">17. while defining multi org we have to define the responsibilities so where we will define the responsibilities</font id="green">

<b>Question is not clear. Responsibilities will be defined in create responsibility screen</b>

<font color="green">18. i defined the responsibilities in multi org. now i want to create operatin unit what is the first step</font id="green">

<b>Question is not clear. First step is to create the operating unit. You should have created BG/LE/SOB.</b>

<font color="green">19. in ap we have payment method EFT. what are the set ups we have to do and explain the step by step process</font id="green">

<b>The setup is similar to check setup. You should transfer the file from your server to the bank server or to mail box for which you should define the cron jobs.</b>

<font color="green">20. in implementation we gatered the requirements from the client and operation analysis is over and we find out the solutions an d analysed gaps. so aa a functional consultant what is our first step? </font id="green">

<b>The answer may not be a well defined one. In my view, you should first get the sign-off for the current process and then look for work-arounds/personalizations/customizations for the GAPS depending on the severity of the requirement.</b>

<font color="green">21. I want to transfer data from legacy data to oracle using auto invoice. Here we will use one term what is the term ?</font id="green">

<b>Open Transactions???</b>

<font color="green">22. I transferred data from legacy to oracle. Some data is not transferred t o oracle . so as a function consultant where you will check to solve this.</font id="green">

<b>It depends on how you upload the data. Generally the log file and error tables can be checked.</b>

<font color="green">23. while defining the auto ac rules we will pick default values from transaction type is one thing and what is the another source ? pickup from sales person means what?</font id="green">

<b>There are different sources for different segments.

1. Transaction Type
2. Sales Persons
3. Standard Lines
4. Sites
5. Tax

When you define a sales person, you can define the revenue account combination. System will pick the segment value from the sales person master for the sales person attached to the invoice.</b>

<font color="green">24. while defining multi org we will run replicate seed data to duplicate the existing reports and all. From where the existing data will be transferred , I don?t have any vision instance</font id="green">

<b>It will be created from the scripts.</b>

Cheers,
Saravanan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<font color="green">7. we are in support project and we got one issue from the client . if we want to know the version how we will know it</font id="green">

<b><font color="blue">Product version can be seen using the following query.</font id="blue">

select release_name from apps.fnd_product_groups.

<font color="blue">Modulewise, patch level can be queried using the following query.</font id="blue">

select fav.application_name,
fpi.patch_level
from FND_PRODUCT_INSTALLATIONs fpi ,
fnd_responsibility_vl fr ,
FND_APPLICATION_vl fav
where fpi.application_id=fr.application_id
and fr.application_id=fav.application_id
group by fav.application_name, fpi.patch_level
order by 1; </b>

Cheers,
Saravanan
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

hi saravanan thanks to you

1. after transferred data from sub ledgers to gl it will come to gl interface tables.which program we have to run to transfer data from backend to frontend.

there is nothing like run tar.we will raise the tar request. where we raise the request.

22. I transferred data from legacy to oracle. Some data is not transferred t o oracle . so as a function consultant where you will check to solve this.

what are the error table names
admin

Post by admin »

First of all thanks to Saravanan and fully agreed what he said.

1. after transferred data from sub ledgers to gl it will come to gl interface tables.which program we have to run to transfer data from backend to frontend.

<b>GL: Journals > Import > Run</b>

<b>
Metalink
TAR = Technical Assistance Request</b>

22. I transferred data from legacy to oracle. Some data is not transferred to oracle . so as a function consultant where you will check to solve this.

<b>Question is not clear but as problem/error is while sending data from legacy so better to check in legacy.</b>
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

hi, actually What i want is table names. the following you have given the same table names or table lines. if table lines what are the table names.

1. we transfer data from subledger modules to GL . In this case if we transfer data from AP 11i to GL what are the tables effected. tell me the table names, If we transfer data from AR to GL what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names. Afer that, If we want to transfer the data from GL backend to front end which report we will run.

AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
AP_INVOCIE_PAYMENTS_ALL
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<b>you have given the same table names or table lines. if table lines what are the table names.</b>
What is the difference between table names and table lines?

The above given tables are the ones affected while transferring the data from AP and AR (Some one can add if I have left out any tables) to GL.

Apart from this there are some tables like XLA_EVENTS, GL_INTERFACE, GL_JE_HEADER GL_JE_LINES (in GL).

Cheers,
Saravanan
admin

Post by admin »

When we transfer to GL from any module it will first inserted into GL_INTERFACE and when run import journals then into GL_JE_HEADER GL_JE_LINES.

Thanks
Racle11i

Post by Racle11i »

17. while defining multi org we have to define the responsibilities so where we will define the responsibilities

Question is not clear. Responsibilities will be defined in create responsibility screen in system admin responsibility.

hope you got it

Thanks to Saravanan n Admin..for the useful info.
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

5. while we are transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names and which report we will run to tranfer data from back end to front end.

What is the application and what kind of data uploaded from legacy to oracle?

hi, we will transfer the customer open items and suppliers and all from legacy to oracle. in such case what are the tables got effected and which report we will run to transfer data from backend to front end.

2. what are the most common errors we will get while transfering from legacy to oracle.
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]I give below some of the answers. In addition to the below answers, you can go through oracle standard docs and metalink docs to get detailed answers.

<font color="green">1. we well transfer data from subledger modules to Gl . In this case if we transfer data from AP 11i to GL what are the tables effected. tell me the table names, If we transfer data from AR to GL what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names. Afer that If we want to transfer the data from GL backend to front end which report we will run.</font id="green">

<b>AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
AP_INVOCIE_PAYMENTS_ALL
</b>

<font color="green">2.Auto invoice table names.</font id="green">

<b>RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_ERRORS_ALL
RA_INTERFACE_SALESCREDITS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">3.In AR we can create receipts using Autolockbox. if we want to record the receipt s in AR which report we will run and what are the tables got effected</font id="green">

<b>As far as I know you should run the following. You can perform all three steps simultaneously also.

1. Submit Import
2. Submit Validation
3. Run Post Quick Cash</b>

<font color="green">4. Auto lockbox table names</font id="green">

<b>AR_INTERIM_CASH_RECEIPTS_ALL
AR_INTERIM_CASH_RCPT_LINES_ALL
AR_PAYMENTS_INTERFACE_ALL
AR_CASH_RECEIPTS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">5. while we are transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the tables got effected and tell me the table names and which report we will run to tranfer data from back end to front end.
</font id="green">

<b>What is the application and what kind of data uploaded from legacy to oracle?</b>

<font color="green">6. in support project we will run TAR where we will run TAR</font id="green">

<b>There is nothing like "Run TAR". If there are issues related to standard oracle, you will create a service request with oracle to analyze the issue and get the solution from oracle.</b>

<font color="green">8. if we want to transfer data from order mgt to AR which report we will run and what are the tables effected and tell me the names of the tables.
</font id="green">

<b>Run Auto Invoice Master Program

RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_ALL
RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_LINES_ALL
RA_CUST_TRX_LINE_SALESREPS_ALL</b>

<font color="green">9. diff between interface tables and tables</font id="green">

<b>Interface tables stores the data temporarily which will be transfered to the oracle tables after validataing the interface data.
</b>

<font color="green">10. we have diff types of items like inventory item , expense item ,goods like that if the item is inventory item what are the options we have to enable while defining master items. if the item is expense item what are the options we have to enable....</font id="green">

<b>Refer metalink id 242175.1</b>

<font color="green">11. diff between inventory item and expense item</font id="green">

<b>Inventory items are stored in the inventory and expense items are expensed out (quantity and value can not be tracked) when it is received.</b>

<font color="green">12. in AR we have to do some setups for misllenious receipt then only we can raise miscellanious receipt what are the setups</font id="green">

<b>Receivable activity should be created</b>

<font color="green">13. in Order management what are the Mandatory set ups we have to do</font id="green">

<font color="green">14. If we want to create holds what are the setups we have to do( some text is missing yar )</font id="green">

"Yar"??

<b>You don't need to do any setups if you want to use the seeded ones. Just attach the holds in the AP invoice.</b>

<font color="green">15. in consolidation if the segements in parent and subsidary sob are different . in this case can we do consolidation</font id="green">

<b>Yes. Possible as long as you are able to create mapping</b>

<font color="green">16 . we raised blanket po . at the time of blanket release the price is increased . in this case what will happen</font id="green">

<font color="green">17. while defining multi org we have to define the responsibilities so where we will define the responsibilities</font id="green">

<b>Question is not clear. Responsibilities will be defined in create responsibility screen</b>

<font color="green">18. i defined the responsibilities in multi org. now i want to create operatin unit what is the first step</font id="green">

<b>Question is not clear. First step is to create the operating unit. You should have created BG/LE/SOB.</b>

<font color="green">19. in ap we have payment method EFT. what are the set ups we have to do and explain the step by step process</font id="green">

<b>The setup is similar to check setup. You should transfer the file from your server to the bank server or to mail box for which you should define the cron jobs.</b>

<font color="green">20. in implementation we gatered the requirements from the client and operation analysis is over and we find out the solutions an d analysed gaps. so aa a functional consultant what is our first step? </font id="green">

<b>The answer may not be a well defined one. In my view, you should first get the sign-off for the current process and then look for work-arounds/personalizations/customizations for the GAPS depending on the severity of the requirement.</b>

<font color="green">21. I want to transfer data from legacy data to oracle using auto invoice. Here we will use one term what is the term ?</font id="green">

<b>Open Transactions???</b>

<font color="green">22. I transferred data from legacy to oracle. Some data is not transferred t o oracle . so as a function consultant where you will check to solve this.</font id="green">

<b>It depends on how you upload the data. Generally the log file and error tables can be checked.</b>

<font color="green">23. while defining the auto ac rules we will pick default values from transaction type is one thing and what is the another source ? pickup from sales person means what?</font id="green">

<b>There are different sources for different segments.

1. Transaction Type
2. Sales Persons
3. Standard Lines
4. Sites
5. Tax

When you define a sales person, you can define the revenue account combination. System will pick the segment value from the sales person master for the sales person attached to the invoice.</b>

<font color="green">24. while defining multi org we will run replicate seed data to duplicate the existing reports and all. From where the existing data will be transferred , I don?t have any vision instance</font id="green">

<b>It will be created from the scripts.</b>

Cheers,
Saravanan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by tgs100
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Saravanan,

Its a great effort to answer all these questions.

Great job...

I think you are enjoying erpstuff.com

Cheers

Uma
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Did you go through Auto Accounting section in 'Oracle Receivables User Guide'?

You can download the manual here. http://www.oracle.com/technology/docume ... tions.html

Uma: Thanks.

Cheers,
Saravanan