Question on Budget

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
shilpapotla

Question on Budget

Post by shilpapotla »

Hello Guys,

My client has two budgets.One budget is frozen which holds the anticipated budget amounts and other is a funding budget.Both are YTD.Now they want to create a new budget which holds monthly budget values.

Now the question

Is it good to tie up the new budget with the funding or budget which holds constant values
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI shilpapotla

Please clarify your question, if you want to use the budget to control the fund monthly, update the budget to make the control PTD.

If you explain more, we can help you ISA.
Hisham
shilpapotla

Post by shilpapotla »

Hi Hisham,

Thank you for your response.My client has funding budget and there control budget is on yearly basis.They may change in future to monthly in which we have to change control to PTD.Am i right?

Now they had budget tool other than oracle which is maintaining there budgets.During reports they just maku 1/12 calculation for monthly budget amount.They don't really see the exact amounts but just see 1/12 amount.

For that reason they want to create new budget version and upload the amounts in the new budget so they can see the exact amount.they are in dilemma to tie up to the funding budget or not?