can we transfer invoices from ap to gl

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

can we transfer invoices from ap to gl

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

Version R12/11i? =
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =
Module? =
OS? =

hi,

1. in 11i can we transfer invoices without validation and without creating accounting to GL.

2. can w e transfer data from legacy to oracle without validation, while transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the important points we have to remember.

thanks.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Be it 11i or R12, one cannot Transfer invoices from payables to General Ledger unless it is Accounted. In order to have an invoice accounted, you need to have
it validated also .... Therefore Validation and Accounting is mandatory in order to transfer to GL.
However one can sweep, invoices that are not validated and not accounted to the next period in payables ....

Regarding legacy integration, i do not have much knowledge on that, a technical consultant would be in a much better position to judge after going through the standard interfaces and APIs available....
admin

Post by admin »

1. in 11i can we transfer invoices without validation and without creating accounting to GL.

>> Why you want this functionality so once we will know your requirement then a better solution can be suggested.

2. can w e transfer data from legacy to oracle without validation, while transfering data from legacy to oracle what are the important points we have to remember.

>> Oracle takes values in interface tables or you can upload using dataloaders but in all ways validation is and must be there. Why you want to disable validation?

thanks
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

thanks for your reply