trouble in creating element entries

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mamajid

trouble in creating element entries

Post by mamajid »

Version R12/11i? =
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =
Module? =
OS? =

Dear All

I am facing a problem in element entries. Let me take you step by step.

1 - I defined 7 employees and obviously one is assigned as CEO and other as management and supervisors grade.

2 - Suppose Mr. A is a CEO and MR. Z is a supervisor.

3 - I created elements name Company Car element and COLA allowance element.

4 - I created element link and provided Company Car element to a person having position of CEO and grade of Executive.

5 - I created another element link and provided COLA allowance element to supervisors with standard check box checked.

6 - when i returned to employee form to confirm the element entries then their i found that list of value containing entries of company car allowance for CEO is coming in element entries form, but when i check for supervisors then in entries form list of values containing no entries.

Note: Effective date for all the entries i took is 01-Jan-2009. I am setting up all the setup on vision instance.

Can any one share the idea what could be going wrong.
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Problem resolved.

Regards

Majid
admin

Post by admin »

Better if you share how you solved your problem which will help others in understanding the subject. thanks
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Definitely,

I was missing the salary basis column which was in Salary information Tab. I enter the salary basis value in salary basis column and press entries button and their I found entries coming which was not coming previously.

So I found that to get the entries, the column values you need to provide are :
1- Link value which is defined (e.g. job / position / grade / Group)
2- Payroll
3- Location
4- Salary Basis (in salary information Tab)

If any one think i am missing some thing or conveyed some thing wrong then i would really appreciate to correct me.

Regards

Majid

[quote]Better if you share how you solved your problem which will help others in understanding the subject. thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
admin

Post by admin »

Just uploaded an article on use of elements, links and balances hope will help you,

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7851

Thanks
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Great Article admin really helped in understanding balances.

Thanks

[quote]Just uploaded an article on use of elements, links and balances hope will help you,

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7851

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin