questions

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nrao1981

questions

Post by nrao1981 »

Version R12/11i? =
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =
Module? =
OS? =

All the Questions are as per 11i only

1. In GL Consolidation we have to eliminate the inter company transactions. How you eliminate the transactions.

2. Using Auto Lock box in AR we can generate receipt automatically.But what is the main advantage and main reason to go for Auto Lockbox.

3.In Order to Cash flow what are the validatins we will do while running auto invoice.

4.In AR the transaction date is 1st december2009 and the chargeback date is 31st dec 2009. so in which bucket it will come.

5.In AR I received 5000 from customer. In that 1000 is the deposit and 4000 I want to apply against a transaction. How to give for that

6.Waht is the use of Flex field qualifiers and Segment qualifiers in GL.

7. To which segment we will assign the secondary tracking segment and what is the use?

8. can we assign the same flexfield qualifier to more than one segment

9. In GLThere are some errors in the entries. So I want to post the correct entries and I don?t want to post the wrong entries. How it will be achieved in Auto Post. What are the steps

10. In GL Like above I want to reverse the wrong entries . how I can achieve using Auto Reverse.

11. In AP we have payment batch. In Build what will happen ? what will happen in Formatting? What will happen in confirm and can we cancel a payment batch afer Build?IF yes how? If No Whay?

12.Invoice date is 1st dec 2009 and transferred to GL on 31st dec 2009 .so which date it will take ?

13.what is Global Ac structure?

14. The client using both consolidation and MRC. If the chart of AC is different then we go for consolidation. If the chart of ac is same then we go for FSG. In this case he is using consolidaton means the chart of ac is different. If the chart of ac is different can we perform MRC? Can you explain?

15.what is Accru

16. In AP period close We have accrue uninvoiced receipts. What it is?

17. what is outstanding?

18. In AR period close we have outstanding customer balances what does it mean?

19. In AP there are so many invoices are there. How the system know that these are the invoices to be selected for payment? For this we will do some setup? What is that?

20.Difference among withholding tax, TDs and VAT ?

21.what is partial payment?

22.What are the Implementation types we have?

23. The invoice is foreign currency invoice. The Invoice amount is 100. At the time of payment 2 Rs increased and at the time of clearing 3 Rs decreased . what is the entry?

24.what type of ac is prepayment

24. In FSG I want to generate Trial Balance for 2009 is first column and 2008 is second column. How the system know that the 1st column is for 2009 and second is for 2008? Where we will do the setup?

24. Is it possible overlapping in any of the calendars we have?

24. What is the use of adjusting period?

25. we defined the cross validation rules ? but still it is allowing the particular exempted combination?

26. using separate operating units we can maintain security. But What is the main reason to go for a separate Operating unit? When a separate operating unit is mandatory?

27. What are the profile options we have to assign in AP

28. we have segment qualifiers in GL. What is Control AC? What is the reason behind that ? can you explain that in a brief?
admin

Post by admin »

Seems you have not tried to search before posting as most of these are already answered. tks
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

hi,

24.what type of ac is prepayment

prepayment is an asset.

thanks
mohanreddy

Post by mohanreddy »

25. we defined the cross validation rules ? but still it is allowing the particular exempted combination?

Ans. Pls check that code combinations already used or not?
If u used that code combination before defining the cross validations rulue it doesnot work.

Ir u want to use cross validation rules for excisting code combination u have to deseable that code combination.

Regards,
Mohan