Invoice & payment related questions?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Arjunn

Invoice & payment related questions?

Post by Arjunn »

Hi any one plz clarify these questions,

1)Is it possible to run translation 2 times in one period?
2)How many types of testings we have
3)We have invoice of Rs.1000/- and received goods worth of Rs.900/-, how to reduce the invoice amount without using Dr/Cr memo?
4)Functional Of oracle financials
5)Our functional currency is INR, invoice is entered in USD, is it possible to pay this invoice in AUD
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
For your below Query,
1)Is it possible to run translation 2 times in one period?

yes we can run the translation for 2 times, if there are more than one foreign currency we have to run the transaltion more than one time.

Even for the same period same currency we can run the translation, but I am not sure about the data

Try the same in test instance or in vision instance and post the effect

3)We have invoice of Rs.1000/- and received goods worth of Rs.900/-, how to reduce the invoice amount without using Dr/Cr memo?

Match the Invoice with Receipt, so that your invoice amount will be for Rs.900/-

5)Our functional currency is INR, invoice is entered in USD, is it possible to pay this invoice in AUD

If your bank is enabled with Multiple currency Feature, I think you can do the payment in Aud.

Setup --> Payments --> Bank --> Payables Option Tab --> Enable Multiple Currencies

Uma
Arjunn

Post by Arjunn »

Hi uma thanks for ur reply,

but invoice currency and payment currency have to be same na, my quen is it possible to do the payment in AUD for the USD invoice
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi Uma

can you pls explain the flow for ur suggestion to question no 3) receipt for 100 Rs
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Arjunn,

Is your invoice entered in Apps or just a query from the user???

If it is entered just cancel the invoice and match the same with the receipt no. other wise enter a credit memo.

Rgds,
Uma
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Uma,

Please clarify me also about your answer for the 3rd question. It would be fine if you can just eloborate the process to be followed. Thanks.
farsha

Post by farsha »

Our functional currency is INR, invoice is entered in USD, is it possible to pay this invoice in AUD

If your bank is enabled with Multiple currency Feature, I think you can do the payment in Aud.

Setup --> Payments --> Bank --> Payables Option Tab --> Enable Multiple Currencies

Dear Anu_uma

If multi currency option is is enable ..thn also it is not possible to make payment in currency other than what is mentioned in Invoice

Thnx
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You can make payment only in the invoice currency or in the functional currency (excluding EUR related currencies).

Cheers,
Saravanan