Retropay by element....right or wrong

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mamajid

Retropay by element....right or wrong

Post by mamajid »

Dear All

Need some guidance and confirmation on retro pay steps

I have tried to run retro pay.

I followed setting up Retro Pay notifications Report document first as it was given in user guide. After that i setup retro pay by element.

here are the steps.

1. I introduced and employee on 1 jan 2009 and gave him cola allowance (Rs 100) with rest of the allowances and salary.
2. I run payroll for Jan 2009.
3. I run payroll for Feb 2009.
4. In March i decided to change the amount of Cola allowance from Rs. 100 to 200. so started to setup retropay.
5. I created an element for cola_allow_arrears.
6. I linked the element with employee to whom i require to give arrears.
7. I created balance for this element name MJ_cola_arrears_balance with its dimension and Feed. (Add).
8. I defined Retropay Set.
9. I defined Assignment set including employee who is being given the arrears.
10. I date tracked from Mar to 01-jan-2009 and change Cola allowance value from Rs. 100 to 200 in element entry form of that employee and saved the record.
11. I run Retropay request with date parameters stared from 01-jan-2009 to 31-mar-2009. and request run successfully.
12. I tried to look out put but it did not give any out put to me
13. I looked Log file and showed successfull request and counts.
14. Now I run the payroll for the month of March. It run the payroll successfully but did not show any arrears as i did not selected arrears element of Cola allowance.

First are my steps correct..?
How and where can we confirm the changes of arrears..?
Hope to here reply soon

Regards
Majid
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Dear All

About couple of weeks ago i asked a question regarding Retro pay by element. I posted the same question on OTN forum and got quit helpful reply. I like to share it with all for reference purpose which may help others.

Regards

Majid

Below is the conversation.

===================
1st question by me
===================

Dear All

Need some guidance and confirmation on retro pay steps

I have tried to run retro pay.

I followed setting up Retro Pay notifications Report document first as it was given in user guide. After that i setup retro pay by element.

here are the steps.

1. I introduced and employee on 1 jan 2009 and gave him cola allowance (Rs 100) with rest of the allowances and salary.
2. I run payroll for Jan 2009.
3. I run payroll for Feb 2009.
4. In March i decided to change the amount of Cola allowance from Rs. 100 to 200. so started to setup retropay.
5. I created an element for cola_allow_arrears.
6. I linked the element with employee to whom i require to give arrears.
7. I created balance for this element name MJ_cola_arrears_balance with its dimension and Feed. (Add).
9. I defined Assignment set including employee who is being given the arrears.
10. I date tracked from Mar to 01-jan-2009 and change Cola allowance value from Rs. 100 to 200 in element entry form of that employee and saved the record.
11. I run Retropay request with date parameters stared from 01-jan-2009 to 31-mar-2009. and request run successfully.
12. I tried to look out put but it did not give any out put to me
13. I looked Log file and showed successfull request and counts.
14. Now I run the payroll for the month of March. It run the payroll successfully but did not show any arrears as i did not selected arrears element of Cola allowance.

First are my steps correct..?
How and where can we confirm the changes of arrears..?
Hope to here reply soon

Regards
Majid

====================
First reply by MJHH
====================

Salam Mohammad,

Firstly keep in your mind that there are 3 Retropay processes, the recommended and latest one is "Retropay By Element" process, it's recommended by Oracle and it's called Enhanced Retropay. So plan to use this process.

Regarding your points, all is ok except the following:

_5. I created an element for cola_allow_arrears._
Make sure that this element is earnings and nonrecurring. And make sure to link it with the original element via Element screen

_7. I created balance for this element name MJ_cola_arrears_balance with its dimension and Feed. (Add)._
No need

No need

Run the "Retropay By Element" process not Retropay.

Good Luck,

===============
2nd Question by me
===============

First of all Thanks for reply

Secondly i have to use retro pay by element as i am using Global Legislation of HRMS because oracle doesn't support enhanced retro pay for Global. I found this statement on OTN forum as well as in oracle user guide too. So kindly if you can guide me about retroay by element, that would be greatfull

Regards

Majid

================
2nd Reply my MJHH
================

just go through my above comments, I wrote those comments considering that you will use Retropay By Element.

forget that I wrote Enhanced Retro.

Edited by: MJHH on Jan 26, 2010 7:59 PM

=================
3rd Question posted
=================

First of all thanks for your replies

After ur sugesstion i made some changes, infact created a new employee and tried to perform
retro pay by element on him.

Following are the steps which i followed.

1. I created a new employee on 01-jan-2009 and w.r.t his assignments he got his earning and
deduction entries in element entries form in which Cola allowance of worth Rs.100 is one of them.

2. I run his payroll from Jan to Mar successfully.

In April i decided to change the the amount of cola allowance from Rs.100 to Rs.200 and decided to include
his arrears in April. For arrears I setup Retro Pay by element

For Retro Pay:

1. I created a retro_cola_allow_arrears element with

Primary Classification: earning
Nonrecurring Radio Button: Selected
Multiple entries check bo: checked

Input values:
==============
Payvalue
Start date
End date
And linked the element with employee to whom i require to give arrears.

2. I queried the base element of cola allowance, in recalculation tab i attached/selected
retro_cola_allowance_arrears element in Retropay element field from LOV and saved the
record.

3. I defined assignment set name Retro_cola_assign_set and in amendment i selected that newly created
employee.
4. I created element set name Retro_cola_allow_arrears with type Run Set and in element field i selected
retro_cola_allowance_arrears element.
5. I date tracked from April to Jan 01,2009 and changed the Cola Allowance amount from Rs.100 to Rs.200 in
element entry form of newly creatd employee and saved the changes.
6. I change the date again from Jan to Apr and run Retropay by element.
7. It ran successfully and checked the Log to verify.
8. I came back to element entry form to see the results but i did not find any new element of arrears in
element entry form.
After having done all these steps i dont understad why i am not getting any resul. Am i still making error or
mistaking some where.

Can you guide exactly what i need to do. i will be obliged.

Regards

Majid

=================
3rd Reply posted
=================

the element set "Retro_cola_allow_arrears" should include the original element "Cola Allow" not the retro one, just amend the element set and retry your retropay by element process.

moreover, make sure that the retro element "retro_cola_allow_arrears" is indirect result.First of all thanks for ur suggestion

I have tried to run according to ur guidelines.

One thing shocking was i linked the retro_cola_allow_arrears with its base element cola allowance and saved the record. After all the settings when i run retro pay by element it gave me error of "No data Found" in pay_element_types_f table.

I remove the retro_cola_allow_arrears from recalculation tab of base element, saved the data and ran the retropay by element process and it ran it successfully. I came to element entry form to see the results and here were they.

It created 2 more element entries of base element of Cola allowance but in entry value, values were follows

1. Cola Allowance. Amount: 200 (this was the first element whose amount i changed from 100 to 200 rs.
2. Cola Allowance. Amount: 100 (in entry value original date earned was 31-Jan-2009)
3. Cola Allowance. Amount: 100 (in entry value original date earned was 28-Feb-2009).

Can you confirm me the results either they are correct or wrong. (I am using Oracle apps rel.12.1)

Hope to here from u soon

Regards

Majid

=================
4th reply by MJHH
=================

these results are absolutely correct. but in the SOE of the employee; the system will show 400 for "Cola Allowance" so you will not be able to distingush which is the original amount (200) or the retro one which resulted from jan and feb (100+100), because the system will use the original element when no retro element linked, like what happened in ur case exactly,.

when using the retro elements, the SOE will be as follows:

Cola Allowance : 200
Retro_Cola_Allow_Arrears : 200

=======================================
And i asked the 5th question which is yet to me answered

Thanks God. It finally happened and thanks to u too comrade for guiding me through.

One more thing if you can clear it to me that why it is giving error on running retro pay by element after linking retro element to its base element and ran successfully after removing it from base element.

Regards

Majid

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am extremely thankful to Mr. MJHH who guided me through. If any one like to answer the last question, that will be helpful for all of us

Regards

Majid

===================
4th Question Posted by me
====================
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Sorry there was a little mixup in 3rd reply and 4th question so here i am clearing it

=====================
4th question posted by me
=====================

First of all thanks for ur suggestion

One thing shocking was i linked the retro_cola_allow_arrears with its base element cola allowance and saved the record. After all the settings when i run retro pay by element it gave me error of "No data Found" in pay_element_types_f table.

I remove the retro_cola_allow_arrears from recalculation tab of base element, saved the data and ran the retropay by element process and it ran it successfully. I came to element entry form to see the results and here were they.

It created 2 more element entries of base element of Cola allowance but in entry value, values were follows

1. Cola Allowance. Amount: 200 (this was the first element whose amount i changed from 100 to 200 rs.
2. Cola Allowance. Amount: 100 (in entry value original date earned was 31-Jan-2009)
3. Cola Allowance. Amount: 100 (in entry value original date earned was 28-Feb-2009).

Can you confirm me the results either they are correct or wrong. (I am using Oracle apps rel.12.1)

Hope to here from u soon

Regards

Majid

=================
4th reply by MJHH
=================

these results are absolutely correct. but in the SOE of the employee; the system will show 400 for "Cola Allowance" so you will not be able to distingush which is the original amount (200) or the retro one which resulted from jan and feb (100+100), because the system will use the original element when no retro element linked, like what happened in ur case exactly,.

Thanks God. It finally happened and thanks to u too comrade for guiding me through.

One more thing if you can clear it to me that why it is giving error on running retro pay by element after linking retro element to its base element and ran successfully after removing it from base element.

Regards

Majid
sunilmalik23

Post by sunilmalik23 »

I am having the same scenarios in AE legislation:

When I run the retropay by element it is showing the below scenario:

But I am expecting the below:

Please can you help me on this?

Retro_Cola_Allow_Arrears : Setup

Earnings
Non-recurring
Multiple entries : Y
Process in Run: Y
indirect result: Y
Once in each period: Y
Final Close: Y

[quote]Sorry there was a little mixup in 3rd reply and 4th question so here i am clearing it

=====================
4th question posted by me
=====================

First of all thanks for ur suggestion

Hope to here from u soon

Regards

Majid

=================
4th reply by MJHH
=================

Regards

Majid

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by mamajid
sunilmalik23

Post by sunilmalik23 »

Dear Majid,

I am having the same scenarios in AE legislation:

When I run the retropay by element it is showing the below scenario:

But I am expecting the below:

Please can you help me on this?

Retro_Cola_Allow_Arrears : Setup

Earnings
Non-recurring
Multiple entries : Y
Process in Run: Y
indirect result: Y
Once in each period: Y
Final Close: Y

Please can you guide me how you have solved this problem.

I want to show Retro_Cola_Allow_Arrears not Cola_Allow.

Best Regards,
Sunil Malik
minal76

Post by minal76 »

Dear all ,

Nice Reply and Explanation You all had given ,

Gr8 Peoples Helping Each others ..

Thanks

Minal[:)]
saudapk

Post by saudapk »

This answer may be late. Still posting.

The answer to your last question is that, you should create the retro element "Retro_Cola_Allow_Arrears"
starting from the effective start date of element "Cola Allowance" itself.