Retropay by Element...Step By Step

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mamajid

Retropay by Element...Step By Step

Post by mamajid »

Scenario: Mr. ABC was hired on 1st of Jan 2009 and is entitled for following allowance and deduction with salary

1. Salary element: 70000
2. Union fund: 300
3. Special Allowance: 2000

Payroll has been run for the month of Jan and Feb, 2009 with same element entries of course. In month of March company decided to
upgrade special Allowance from 2000 to 2500 which would be effective from his hire date which is 1st of Jan 2009.
Before running the payroll of March we have to run retro pay by element process to provide him arrears. For that we would
follow the steps given below.

1. Create new element for retro pay in element description form. We created "Special allowance retro element" with following
properties.

(Important Note: Before you enter or save the record, change the date from Mar(as we are standing in March) to 1st Jan to let the
retro element cover entries from Jan.)

a. Element type: Nonrecurring.
b. Multiple entries: Y
c. Process in run: Y
d. Input values: Pay Value, Start Date (Date), End Date(Date).

2. Save the Record
3. Create element link wiht Mr. Abc position (or to whom you are required to give it).
4. Come to element description form and query base element i.e. "Special Allowance".
(Remember the date we have changed is still 01-Jan-2009 so we are standing in the month of Jan.)
5. In Recalculation Tab of element description, open LOV of field Recalculation Event. From list select event group name which i have
already created while setting up retro notification report. (Please refer oracle payroll user guide).
Or if event group is not created you can select the already provided event group name from the list called "Entry Changes".
6. In Retropay Element, select the retropay element which we were created just a while ago (Special allowance retro element).
7 Save the record (Remember we are still standing in the month of Jan. so all the entries will go with effective date of 1st Jan, 2009)
8. Create Assignment set (Special_retro_assignment_Set), save the record, and in Amendment, select Mr. Abc.
9. Create Element set (Special Retro element Set), save the record, and press include button to select element, and besure to select the base element that is
"Special Allowance". Save the record.
10. (Important Note: Assignment and element set can be created irrespective of effective date so if you like you can change the
effective date from Jan to Mar (lets say) Mar 25th and creat Assignment and Element set.)
11. Return to the month of March.
12. Now Submit process in Request process window,

a. Process Name: Retropay by Element
b. Paramerters:
i. Assignment Set: Special_retro_assignment_Set
ii. Element Set: Special Retro element Set
iii. Start Date: 01-Jan-2009
iv. End Date: 28-Feb-2009
c. Submit the Request.
11. Veiw all concurrent request.
12. After succesfull completion press button view LOG and it will be like this

Ended processing at : 12-FEB-2010 13:00:03
Total Assignment count : 1
Total Action count : 1
Successfully processed : 1

13. Come to element entry form of MR. ABC and it will be like this

a. Special allowance retro element (4 entries of this element in element entries form. Check their entry values and 6Date earned)
b. Monthly Salary
c. Union Fund
d. Special Allowance
14. Retropay by element process run successfully. and it create additional 4 entries of retro element "Special allowance retro element".
Check their entry values which will be -2500 for 2 retro element and -2000 for another 2 retro elements.
Add 2500+2500 = 5000
Add -2000+ (-2000) = -4000
5000-4000 = 1000 (1000 will be the arrears of Jan (500) and Feb (500) will be given in the month of March with his salary.
15. Hope this case has been easy to understand.
16. Replies/Queries are most welcome.

Regards

Majid
m_muzamil_khan

Post by m_muzamil_khan »

Excellent work done by you.

Could you please help me about SSHR Implementation documents. I sucessfully implemented Oracle HRMS and Payroll in my organization, now going to implement the SSHR.

I need the following documents ASAP

BR100_SSHR_Setup
BP80_SSHR
Manager_Self_Services_User's_Guide
Employee_Self_Services_User's_Guide

If any other thing is missing then please advice me.

Kind Regards,
Muzamil Khan
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Dear Muzamil thanks for appreciation first. I am sorry i dont have the documents u mentioned. Though i have tried to work on SSHR on my own and believe me it is not compecated. It is very easy and every function of it is self explanatory. Just brows the functions and you will get to know most of the things, trust me.

(metalink is a good source of documents too).

Regards

Majid.
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

Excellent work , kindly elaborate point no 6, which is a bit confusing, kindly explain with navigation
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Navigation is as follows

(this is in human resources responsibility)

Total compensation >>> element description (form) >>> Recalculation (Tab on element description form)

On this tab their are 2 fields

1- Recalculation event field
2- Retropay element field

In Retropay element field we select retropay element we creates for Retropay.

Hope that answer ur question.

Regards

Majid

[quote]Excellent work , kindly elaborate point no 6, which is a bit confusing, kindly explain with navigation

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by ssalipk
latsayya

Post by latsayya »

Excellent work,MAMAJIT thank you
abedbitar

Post by abedbitar »

where did you put the amount, which is 500 ???? or the new amount which is 2500 ???
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

[quote]where did you put the amount, which is 500 ???? or the new amount which is 2500 ???

Sorry i didnt get your question. Can you please detail your question?
jaleel

Post by jaleel »

Great post Majid. I have followed all the steps and it is working fine.
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Assalam o Alikum

People looking for practical example of Retropay, proration & Accrual plan with visuals can down load document Name oracle payroll setup from erpstuff using following link

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9658

Regards

Muhammad Abdul Majid
its_adil

Post by its_adil »

Dear Mr. Majid,

Thank you very much for such a helpful article. Everything is clearly explained but I had 2 questions.

1) Point no. 6, In recalculation tab I am not getting field to select Retropay element. Only Retropay Component button is visible. I am working in UAE legislation.

2) Usually when payroll is finalized companies like to close the month for no more entries. Now if I am in March and Jan is closed how can I update the salary elements in the month of Jan, because it is protected now since month is closed. Please guide.

Kind Regards

Adil
its_adil@hotmail.com
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Dear Adil

Oracle allows to open the closed month therefore you can open the months of Jab & Feb and run the retropay by element.

Without opening the months, i dont think it would be possible to get the desired result using retropay. Because in retro oracle rollback the payroll of previous months, recalculate payroll and difference amount which is occur due to increase in salary and allot the difference amount in the current month.

And if the months are closed as you said changes cannot be made.

So you need to open the months

Hope its clear.

Regards

Majid
its_adil

Post by its_adil »

Asalam-o-Alaikum

Thanks you sir Majid for clarifying. It is clear now. Can you please give me any clue on point No. 1 in my last post that was

In recalculation tab I am not getting field to select Retropay element. Only Retropay Component button is visible. I am working in UAE legislation.

Thanks and Regards

Adil