Bank charges on AR receipts

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fun2chat

Bank charges on AR receipts

Post by fun2chat »

Hi everyone,

I am explaining my issue in form of a example.

A sales invoice of Rs. 1000 is booked, a AR receipt of Rs. 950 is to be booked (i.e. 1000 received from customer minus 50 bank charges).

How can i book this receipt???

I can book the bank charges by creating a misc receipt, selecting bank charges receivable activity. But i want to book a standard receipt showing the bank charges there.Is this possible through a standard receipt? Can i show the bank charges deducted there?

Regards

Kaushik
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Kaushik.

Yes you can do it. You have to set Profile option AR: Create Bank Charges to yes. You also need to set up Bank Charges on AR. NAvigate to Setup/Receipts/Bank Charges.

Octavio
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI Kaushik

Also you can enter the receipt amount with 1000 & when you reconcile the receipt enter the 50 in the bank charges in the bank statement. it also make the customer balance become 950 & 50 for bank charges.

Thanks
Hisham
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

Dear All,

The profile option for bank charges is already been setup.

Also i have set the bank charges.

But still the field in of bank charges on receipt workbench is greyed out, can anyone tell me how to enter this bank charges.

Also i want to enter the bank charges at receipt level itself and not when we are doing the reco.

Please help.

Regards