AP Invoices Approval hierarchy

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

AP Invoices Approval hierarchy

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

We have requirement where our client has categorize the invoices in 2 different types 1. Merchandise Invoices and the other one is Expenses type of invoices.

Business requirement is Expenses invoices should go for approval by the manager and Merchandise invoices dose not need any approval.

Is it possible to have the approval hierarchy set for one category of invoices and others should go thru without hierarchy.

Note : Expenses Invoices are not Employee expenses or expense reports. Business categorize the invoices in different types but application point of view they are one and the same (Standard invoices)

Hope I am clear on our business requirement.

Regards,
Shashi.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

Check whether you can send the invoices for approval by the Pay Group option for the expense invoices and attach the same.

I think it should be possible with Pay Group.

Please check and update the same in the forum.
liz

Post by liz »

You can use AME to set up rules to decide which invoices should be routed for approval and which ones should not.
[quote]Hi,

We have requirement where our client has categorize the invoices in 2 different types 1. Merchandise Invoices and the other one is Expenses type of invoices.

Business requirement is Expenses invoices should go for approval by the manager and Merchandise invoices dose not need any approval.

Is it possible to have the approval hierarchy set for one category of invoices and others should go thru without hierarchy.

Note : Expenses Invoices are not Employee expenses or expense reports. Business categorize the invoices in different types but application point of view they are one and the same (Standard invoices)

Hope I am clear on our business requirement.

Regards,
Shashi.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Shashi_k
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Uma and liz thanks for the replies i will check in the system and will update you on the same. Currently occupied with other activities once I get a good time to R&D I will check this option in the system.

Regards,
Shashi.