GL accounts updates required in live Oracle Financ

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
suneel.erpstuff

GL accounts updates required in live Oracle Financ

Post by suneel.erpstuff »

Hi all,

A customer of us is running 2 ERPs at the same time namely Oracle Financials for one company and SAP for the other sister company.

Because both systems have been implemented separately and are completely independent from each other the Chart of Accounts or GL account list of values are totally different.

They wish to re-use the SAP GL accounts in the Oracle Financials Accounting Flex Key to, hopefully, reduce the time spent on reconciling/comparing financial figures coming from both systems.

They are asking us to come with a Cost/Benefits analysis for this approach. And my initial reaction was: this will cost a lot of effort to replace the existing GL accounts in all Financials modules because a lot of re-configuration will need to take place without mentioning some potential conversion effort for the GL balances, etc, etc. For the moment I do not have a firm grasp on the expected benefits of this approach.

I was wondering whether one of you has already faced such situation and whether you could perhaps share with me some thoughts, remarks or any other thing that could help me with this matter.

Regards,
MSK
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

Please answer the following questions.

1. Is the Natural account segment alone you want to replace in oracle with SAP account codes
2. Is the number of digits same in SAP and Oracle?
3. Is the Format of Natural account is Char or Numeric in both the system

Regards
Sivakumar
stilkwood

Post by stilkwood »

Ok suneel.erpstuff,
this might be an answer to it.I faced this before...its not advisable that you change existing GL Code Combo specifically while you have posted transactions. The feasible and cost effective way to implement reporting and consolidation is to create a mapping screen(custom Form) to map existing Oracle Accounts Vs SAP Transfer Accounts. And a daily/weekly feed to ensure the data elements and mapped and transferred correctly to other subsystem from Oracle.

Cheers,
Soham