Issuing specific layer fromFIFOCostingOrganization

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
erpnavin.11i

Issuing specific layer fromFIFOCostingOrganization

Post by erpnavin.11i »

Dear Apps Consultants,

Our Client is following FIFO Costing Method for performing costing in their Inventory Organizations,
My query is to know whether it can be possible to issue item from specific layer if there are pre-existing layers to that specific layer
in FIFO costing enabled inventory organization.

Scenario is as below:

An item (ex: Mobile Hand Set) is having same Item Code/Item Number(ex:NKAXX01) for both Old model and latest model hand sets in
system and also there is a stock of certain quantity for old model and latest model in stores,when customer asking our client to issue
latest model mobile hand set ,they are able to issue out physically (Outside ERP system) from stores , our client wants
to perform the same transaction in Oracle apps system.

As per FIFO(First In First Out) costing method ,which ever layer created at first for an item in the system will be issued out at first.

As such in the above scenario, if there are already existing layers for Old Model mobile hand set (NKAXX01)) earlier to layers
created for Latest Model hand set (NKAXX01), when they issue the mobile hand set from subinventory in system , NKAXX01 is getting issued
@ unit cost of Old mobile hand set since the item code (NKAXX01) is same for both old & new model hand sets.

But the client wants issue NKAXX01 @ unit cost of latest model hand set as he is issuing the latest model hand set physically (outside ERP) from stores.

I hope you understand our client's requirement with regards to the above scenario.

Are there any ways to implement issuing specific layer from FIFO Costing enabled organization if there are pre-existing layers to that specific layer?

Kindly let me know the possible solutions for the above query.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Navin