Accounting of invoices in R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Accounting of invoices in R12

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

HI ALL,

At the time of creating accounting for a standard invoice after validating at invoice workbench the following error occurs
1. unable to create account...error: APP-SQLAP-10710:- Online
accounting could not be created. Please submit the payables accounting
process instead to create accounting entries for this transaction.

even after submitting those requests also it is not getting accounted. I need to pay the invoice immediately can anybody helpme.we are in 12.1.1

Thanks in advance.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

You can pay invoice without create accounting event. Only invoice validation is required for payment.
Error may be because of some bug.

Regards,
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Hi,

can any one suggest me some solution please.

unable to create acconting for invoices either from invoice work bench or from srs window

Regards,
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Stalin,

You were not able to create accounting for an standard invoice through online / concurrent program. When you run create accounting program, what is the error you are getting ? Have you got any warning ? or create accounting program did not pick up your transaction at all for accounting.
Have you checked the parameters you have given for the program, try giving larger date for the end date field.
I hope your invoice is validated successfully and there is no holds placed on your invoice.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for your respnce.when i try to account a single invoice from workbech it gives the following error in r12.The invoice status is validated, and for approval i have done force approval now approval status is manually approved.now i want to account the invoice.

unable to create account...error: APP-SQLAP-10710:- Online

i tried with both reports payable accounting process,create accounting.both end with some errors.

Can i do maual accounting for single invoice?do i need to chnage any setups?

Regards,
karthikeyanp1981

Dear Stalin,

Dont Run Payable Accounting Process program in R12, by default this program is disabled in R12. For Accounting the transactions the only program to be used in R12 is Create Accounting program.
By any chance have you applied any prepayments to this standard invoice which you are trying to account for.
Can you provide us with the log of the Accounting program, that will have some information as to why the invoice is not accounted.
It would be much better if you can run the invoice diagnostics test for this particular invoice from the Oracle Diagnostics responsibility, and upload or send to me at karthikeyanp1981@gmail.com.
There is no option of performing Manual Accounting for a transaction anywhere in oracle. Accounting entries are always generated by the system, user can only pass manual journals and not entries.
Regards,
Karthikeyan
benny

Post by benny »

Hi,

Check and see if the account code combinations are active, coz I had an issue similar to this once and it was because of inactive code combinations.

Hope it helps.

Ben[?]
amit.moon

Post by amit.moon »

HI,

Please take the AP list from DBA team, Find the ae_accounting for payments there status will be displayed.
if it is incompleted. make a Upldate statment.
karthikeyanp1981

@ Amit,

I guess we are speaking about accounting in AP under Release 12 version. AE tables which you have stated is only available till 11.5.10.2 and not in R12 . All accounting entries and events are stored in the common XLA tables.

Also it is advised to generate entries automatically and not through any update from the backend.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
shaikjohnpasha

Post by shaikjohnpasha »

I hope 'Create Accounting Program'must have generated the error code for this invoice.What is that??
vksharma

Post by vksharma »

Hi Stalin,
Please look into the Distribution whether any prepayment Lines are applied for which if the Craete accounting is pending tahn the system will not allow you to do create accounting this could be checked from the Log File and also look into the Diagnostic or AP list.Further If this Invoice had a Payment done earlier and than voided and the Create accounting for the void payment is pending than also the create accounting will not be allowed for a fresh Invoice and payment.
As per one of the replies as the validation is done so you can go ahead and pay the Invoice but the system will not account the Expense and payment than whats the use of making a payment of the Invoice which is not accounted and only validated.

Thanks
V.K.Sharma
Sr.Functional Head
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Hi all,

I am able to pay the invoice from payment window and can post it still the accounted tab in invoice form is "NO".
But when trying to pay from invoice workbench it is validated but accounted is "NO" and payin full is disable.It is just a standard invoice.

what are the concurrent programs to do accounting.the 2 i tried Create accounting,payble accounting process both ends with errors.which is prefarable i n R12

regards
Stalin
sury.surendra

Post by sury.surendra »

Hi Stalin

I think at Payable Options Level; You may setup ed as Accounting at the time of CLEARING thats why accounting is not been creating for you....

At the time of creating accounting for a standard invoice after validating at invoice workbench the following error occurs
1. unable to create account...error: APP-SQLAP-10710:- Online

even after submitting those requests also it is not getting accounted. I need to pay the invoice immediately can anybody helpme.we are in 12.1.1

Thanks in advance.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by stalinvstalin@gmail.com
admin

Post by admin »

In additoin to all above pl also check the code combination and access to the accounts. Sometimes it is due to security you don't have access to the account so better if you can enable diagnostic then you will have idea what is going on. I think some account of your setup may be liability account is not getting generated. tks