help-Multi Org Structure with 2 SOB (India and USA

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Sachien

help-Multi Org Structure with 2 SOB (India and USA

Post by Sachien »

Hi Gurus

Our Client has Process Manufacturing operations in INDIA and USA and wants to implement Oracle apps 11i OPM
India operations
India operations should be India localized and USA operations will have different SOB.
India operations will have One Legal Entity (LE) and two operating Units (OU) in same state , while one OU will have two IO and other OU has same OU, IO .The two OU should have Intercompany Accounting
USA operations
USA operations has one SOB and one LE attached with one OU and OU is attached with two IO

How should I define Multi org and Accounting Structure segments and Intercompany, should I implement 2 SOB, one for India operations and other for USA SOB .How would be consolidation?
USA operations want to sell products from India Operations then how should I use GIS?

Thanks,
Sachien
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Sachien,

You have to use 2 Set of Books there is no question about it since there are two different currencies.
Your COA should be having following mandatory segments
1) Balancing Segment
2) Intercompany Segment
3) Natural Account Segment
4) Cost Center Segment

apart from the above if you have any country specific requirements you got to have appropriate segments for it.

Remember that it is not mandatory that both the Set of books must use the Same COA Structure.
With respect to Consolidation, whether your SOBs share the same Structure or not, you have to perform COA Mapping in order to run consolidation.

Regards,
Karthikeyan