how to make a po document status into incomplete

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
jpreddy

how to make a po document status into incomplete

Post by jpreddy »

Hello friends,

Please let me know how to change a purchase order status which is showing as inprocess into incomplete.

Thanks in advance
V.J.P.Reddy
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi jpreddy

According to my knowledge once you create PO & save the transaction, the status become incomplete & when you approve the PO, the status become in-process. Manager can change the PO status when he approve the PO or reject though notification but when manager reject the PO, user can change the PO & request for approval again.

So incomplete status become only when you create PO & save the transaction without request for approval.

Hope I can help you.
Thanks
Hisham
jpreddy

Post by jpreddy »

Hi Hisham,

Thanks for your reply, The user saved a purchase document and forwarded to his boss for approval, the PO was lying in Boss notification box for some days (Status inprocss). User came to know that the boss is on long leave, then the user approached EDP department (EDP is also responsible fore Functional issues), the EDP people changed the status of PO into "incomplete". The user send the same PO to another responsible person for approval. This is real time and regular process in an organisation.

so I come to know that the super user can change the status of PO when required. But I don't know how to do it.

Hope somebody will help me in this regard

JPReddy.

[quote]Hi jpreddy

According to my knowledge once you create PO & save the transaction, the status become incomplete & when you approve the PO, the status become in-process. Manager can change the PO status when he approve the PO or reject though notification but when manager reject the PO, user can change the PO & request for approval again.

So incomplete status become only when you create PO & save the transaction without request for approval.

Hope I can help you.
Thanks
Hisham

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki
jayarajapps

Post by jayarajapps »

Hi Reddy,

As per my analyzation the super user person will not brought into incomplete status, May be he is rejected the PO so that once again he able to forward the order for approval.

Still if you provide the clear clarification for your issue.
i can still find any workaround.

I hope you will get.

Regards
Jayaraj N
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI jpreddy

Please check the PO action history for that PO. may be the user request for approval but the manager not in the hierarchy so the PO still with incomplete status & when the user inquiry for that PO, he can change the forward to & complete the cycle.

Thanks
Hisham