Use of Mixed Invoice Type In Payables

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
chandravarisetti

Use of Mixed Invoice Type In Payables

Post by chandravarisetti »

Hi....Can any one explain when can we use payables invoice "Mixed Invoice" with real-time business scenario.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Chandra,

if you have to increase the supplier outstanding balance, how would you perform the same in Oracle Payables Module (Without creating a standard Invoice) ?

Regards,
Karthikeyan
chandravarisetti

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thank you for your response. My request is can you explain with example, when can the business go for creating Mixed Invoice in oracle payables.

Thank you in advance.

I understand standard invoice will be created to increase supplier outstanding balance.

Regards,
Chandra
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Chandra,

there is a no specific/ideal business case that might demand Mixed Invoice to be created ...... the usage of Mixed Invoice can be satisfied also by Credit Memo, Debit memo, Standard Invoice .. it does not have a special usage....
However i can provide you with one scenario where client preferred to use Mixed Invoice, i.e. ...
Client has configured Invoice approval workflow for Standard Invoices in payables, because every Standard Invoice should be accompanied by a Supplier Invoice. There were cases, where invoices were created with incorrect amount due to User entry mistake and also incorrect data presented to the client by the Supplier... such mistakes were resorted out by creating Mixed Invoice/Credit Memo for the shortfall/excess, since standard Invoices are not to be created for adjustments as per the Client ......

Regards,
Karthikeyan
chandravarisetti

Hi Karhikeyan....Thak you for your valuable information about mixed invoice in payables.