Generate Sequence at Move order transaction

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
abhijeetkhadikar

Generate Sequence at Move order transaction

Post by abhijeetkhadikar »

Hi Friends, I have one client requirement. Details are:
1) Items are NON serial controlled item but are Lot controlled
2) user performs Move order issue transaction
3) At the time of Transact move order , when user clicks the "Transact" button
Unique sequence number should be generated corresponding to quantity in move order issue transaction i.e
say in mover order issue txn 3 Qtys of item issue out from inventory then 3 unique alphanumeric sequence should be generated as ****0001, ****0002, ****0003

I appreciate if you can provide any input on this

Regards
Abhijeet
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Abhijeet

If you press first on button Allocate, what the message appears? try to press allocate then press transact.

Thanks
Hisham
abhijeetkhadikar

Hi Hisham,
Thanks for reply but requirement is that only for successful MO transaction unique serial number should be generated. Also as items
are NON serial numbered so any personalization to capture "trasnact" button event or concurrent program or any other should we do??

Would appreciate if you have any suggestion on that

[quote]Hi Abhijeet

If you press first on button Allocate, what the message appears? try to press allocate then press transact.

Thanks
Hisham

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Abhijeet

I'm very sorry. can you explain with details what the issue?
What I know is that when you create move order, the MO get serial number from system (Sequence) and transact MO only used for allocate item & ensure the item was transfer.

So what sequence number you talk about? MO serial generation (create MO sequence)?

Really I want to understand to can suggest any solution.
Thanks
Hisham
abhijeetkhadikar

Hi Hisham
Yes , It is true that in standard processing MO get serial number from system for Serial Controlled Item in Inventory. But in customer case situation is pretty different.
1) Item is NOt seriel Controlled (so in standard processing we don't get serial number at Mo issue trasnaction
2) Customer want to generate fresh serial number with some prdfined prefix for each unit of item transacted once MO issue completed successfully and inventory is depleted i.e
MO number 1
Item : ABC
MO Qty : 3
then once MO issue trasnaction completed successfullly after pressing "Transact" button and inventory depleted. three unique number should be generated such ABC00001, ABC00002, ABC00003.

So that this number can be used for bar code printing. Hope I clarified

My Solution Approach:
I was thinking for scheduling COncurent program on hourly basis which pick MO issue data from Material trasnaction table
Perform all the required check for validation
Generate serial number corresponding to issued qty
store details in custom table for that item/org

Appreciate any input/suggestion

[quote]Hi Abhijeet

I'm very sorry. can you explain with details what the issue?
What I know is that when you create move order, the MO get serial number from system (Sequence) and transact MO only used for allocate item & ensure the item was transfer.

So what sequence number you talk about? MO serial generation (create MO sequence)?

Really I want to understand to can suggest any solution.
Thanks
Hisham

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Abhijeet

According to my knowledge, MO serial generated according to each transaction not related to item serialized or not.

I think you can make custom serial using personalization by make event when you save MO & before approve, you can make custom serial number.

Also you must take in your mind if you make one move order for 2 items, what serial will be used. Ex Item ABC & XWZ so when you create 2 lines with different items, what serial will be generated here (You mention that the serial number include item code).

When you transact MO, already the MO has the serial number & no need to create new one.

Hope I can help you
Hisham