Credit memo adjustments

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
M123

Credit memo adjustments

Post by M123 »

Hi experts,

I created a Credit memo in AR and applied to an invoice,but i want to make a small ajustments to the credit memo under memo lines.So I unapplied the credit memo and tried to make the changes.But it is not allowing me to do any adjustments to the credit memo although it is un applied.Please tell me a way to make the necessary changes in the same credit memo it self.

Regards,
MPH.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
What type of adjustment are you trying to record? Invoice Type? You must enter an adjustment with Line type.

Octavio
M123

Post by M123 »

Yes i want to do an adustment to a line item(memo line).But i cant do it.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Are you trying to change the amount in the lines form? If the transaction has been posted to GL the system will not allow you to do it. Can you incomplete the transaction? If you incomplete it then you will be able to change the line amount.

Octavio
M123

Post by M123 »

Thats the thing,it is still not trnsferred to GL.It doesnt allow me to incomplete even.If it allowed me to incomplete i would have done.How can I do the necessary changes.

Thanx octavio for your repplies.appreciate it a lot.

Regards,
MPH
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
Once you apply a transaction there is no way to uncomplete it, even if you unnaply it.

Octavio
M123

Post by M123 »

Thanx Octavio..

I raised a debit memo to cancel the credit memo and raised the correct credit memo.

MPH