ASL restriction for Purchasing Category

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
walid_azmy

ASL restriction for Purchasing Category

Post by walid_azmy »

Hi,

We can restrict the item purchases to ASL by checking "use approved supplier" checkbox on the item definition window (purchasing tab) on the org level.

My question is:
<b>Is it possible to do the same to the whole purchasing category ?</b>

I searched both the category code and category set windows but didn't find such option.

Plz advise,
Thanks,

Walid
Ahmed_Haggag

Post by Ahmed_Haggag »

Hi Walid;

you can use approval groups and set the Item category Range.

Refer to purchasing user's guide

Item Category Range - For this option, you enter the purchasing category flexfields
for the Low and High Values. Include Type rules identify manufacturing categories
that you want to be included on the document. Exclude Type rules identify
categories that you do not want on the document. If you do not define a rule for a
category, the default is Include. The Inactive Date is optional, but you must enter an
Amount Limit for Include Type rules.
Ahmed_Haggag

Post by Ahmed_Haggag »

Sorry I misunderstand the question.

you have to use approved supplier list function and use commodity type.
enter the category in commodity field.
walid_azmy

Post by walid_azmy »

Hi Ahmed,

ASL function can undebar suppliers to a specific commodity but cannot restrict the commodity purchases to a specific suppliers (unlike items that could be restricted using master item)

Let me re-phrase my question .. if i have 500 suppliers .. can i say those 8 suppliers only are valid for this commodity purchases instead of undebaring the rest 492 suppliers using ASL?

Thanks
walid_azmy

Post by walid_azmy »

Hi Ahmed,

ASL function can debar suppliers to a specific commodity but cannot restrict the commodity purchases to a specific suppliers (unlike items that could be restricted using master item)

Let me re-phrase my question .. if i have 500 suppliers .. can i say those 8 suppliers only are valid for this commodity purchases instead of debaring the rest 492 suppliers using ASL?

Thanks