FSG doubts

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nagaramesh

FSG doubts

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi,

I have following doubts in FSG: Can any one pls reply.

> Can I restrict a report only to specified users (or responsibility wise)? if yes can u explain.

> In user guide there are so many amount types but in application i did not find all ex: EOD - End of Day balance. How can I get it?

> In Account assignment window what is the use of sign (+/_), Summary check box and Activity (Net/ DR/CR)? Can u explain with examples.

Regards
Nagaramesh
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Nagaramesh

I would like to inform you that for your doubts in FSG,

1) You can made a report in FSG & assign this report to specific user by using report set in the GL module.
GL Resp. --> Report --> Define --> Report set
This function allow to put some FSG report to specific user & he can run it any time.

3) In the account assignment window use the sign(+/-) this used when you want to add some accounts to be calculated during this line to get the total of the line desc.
Ex. Line description = Revenue & in the account assignment you will use the account start from 3223 till 3229 but the account no 3228 not include in the revenue so will write like the following:-
A) sign + from account 3223 to account 3229
B) sign - from account 3228 to account 3228

the activity means that if this account can be debit or credit so what activity you will use, if you want to display only the Credit side or debit side choose the activity DR or CR & if you want the net balance of this account use the Net activity.

Hope I cna help you

Hisham
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi, Hisham

Thank u, good explanation. Now I am clear about those two.

regards
nagaramesh