Payment batch process

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
jairam.apps

Payment batch process

Post by jairam.apps »

Hi,

The payment batch status is 'BUILT'.
If we go to payments button there we can find invoice numer and 'PAY' column.
It means whether we need to pay the selected invoice in this payment batch or not, based on dropdown YES or NO.
The default is 'YES'.
But for the TDS credit memos it is defaulting 'NO'. due to this we need to change this to 'YES', So pelase somebody help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Jayaram.
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Jairam,

In the payment batch window when you click on payment the system will display all the invoices relating to the supplier which you selected at the batch level. In the list you need to select YES for the invoices which you want to make payment. Then click on BUILD.

In case of TDS Credit Memo here you are not paying any amount to the supplier. In India Localization if you attach TDS sections to any Standard Invoice system will generate two types of invoice. One is TDS Credit Memo against the supplier and the other one is Standard Invoice against the IT Dept if you created IT Dept as Supplier in your system.
All the TDS amounts is paid to IT Dept once in a month.
Rgds,
Manmohan Reddy
jairam.apps

Post by jairam.apps »

Hi Manmohan Reddy,

Thanks for your inputs on this...

I need some more clarification the below:

" In India Localization if you attach TDS sections to any Standard Invoice system will generate two types of invoice.
One is TDS Credit Memo against the supplier and the other one is Standard Invoice against the IT Dept if you created IT Dept as Supplier in your system."

Then the credit memo need to be adjusted against the supplier standard invoie, to reduce the liability upto the extent of TDS tax.

If my understanding is correct then when we run the payment batch at the built stage, for all the invoices (standard and creditmemos) PAY option must be 'YES' by default.
But where as its 'YES' to standard invoices and 'NO' to credit memos.

** I found one thing, some of the standard invoices are already paid without adjusting credit memos. So now we have many credit memos but only few standard invoices.
So it the option is 'NO'.

EX:-

Stanadar invoice--10000/-
Tax rate 10%.

system created std invoice against IT for 1000/- and credit memo against supplier for -1000/-.

When we make the payment to the supplier then we need to pay only 9000/-(std inv 10000 - CM 1000), but here 10000 paid to supplier.

** Its happening to only for one supplier.
** If we create new invoice and run the payment batch then the 'PAY' option is 'YES'.
** I hope the issue is occurig becase the standard invoices are paid without adjusting the credit memos.

Please provide some guide lines, how to handle these credit memos.

Thanks,

Jairam.
bmr_mahendra

Post by bmr_mahendra »

The issue is because of the ?Pay Alone? option is enabled in Financial options > Supplier ? Payables.

On the invoice, the ?Pay Alone? flag is defaulted from the financial options. If you want all the invoices to be displayed in one payment, then the ?pay Alone? flag on the invoice needs to be unchecked. This field needs to be displayed on the invoice using the folder option and then unchecked.

Once you perform this, the payments are created as required.

Note: While adjusting credit memos to an invoice, system will allow only less than to standard invoice amount. If we add credit memos more than the standard invoice amount, then it will not allow us to modify the payment batch and will through an error ?You cannot create a negative amount payment?.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Mahendra
jairam.apps

Post by jairam.apps »

Hi Manmohan,

Here the issue is, there are more credit/debit memos and less std invoices.
Ex:- there are only two Standard invoices with 1000 each.
But there are 10 CM/DM with 500 each.

So here the negative amount is more than std invoices, so the 'PAY' field is "NO" in the payment batch. (which means we cant pay).

So how do we adjust these extra CM/DM, as standard memos are already paid.

Regards,
Jayaram.
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Jairam,

Generally while making payment to a Standard Invoice you need to select the both invoice i.e., Standard Invoice and the Respective Credit Memo which is created by the sys to reduce the invoice amount.

Ex: Invoice Amount Rs.10000

Credit Memo Amount Rs.1000 [@]10%

When you select the both invoice sys will automatically reduce the amount and give the exact amount which u need to pay to ur supplier. If you won't select the Credit Memo system will Rs10000 to the supplier.

Generally sys will credit memo with a suffix of Std Invoice no. Pls Ref those Std invoices and Credit Memos to know whether the invoice amount is paid without selecting the Credit Memos.

Rgds,
Mannmohan
jekkijekki

Post by jekkijekki »

Hi Manmohan,

Standard invoices are paid without selecting the credit memos.

So, now CMs are need to be adjusted.

I know 2-ways to adjust these CMs and DMs.

1. Refund from the supplier.
2. Adjust these CMs against the stadard invoices which are raising in the future to that particular supplir.

Please let me know if there are any other ways to adjust these CMs and DMs.

Thanks,
Jairam.
dvsprao108

Post by dvsprao108 »

Hi Jairam,

Since there are no Standard Invoices with greater than the credit memo's value, it is not possible to adjust them.

So, now you can adjust the credit memo's with available standard invoices amount.

For the remaining credit memos:
There are only two way as you said already that you have to get refund from the supplier (if possible) or you should adjust the excess credit memo's amount in future standard invoices with the same supplier (if you are purchasing regularly from them).

Rgds,
Prakash