GL setup problem in R12.- Org

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
jos

GL setup problem in R12.- Org

Post by jos »

Hi,

GL setup problem in R12.

R12 in NT. PROD instance.

I do try to do the GL setup, also add the responsibility HRMS. The instruction followed by the R12 documents.

1. Define the Organization through Global HRMS super user:
a.) Define the location. But this location is not visible while setup Legal Entity. Why.
Then I configure location on Legal Entity, this location is visible in HR location.

b.) Organization: I define Organization, the GRE/Legal Entity is need the EMPLYER NUMBER. I just give 1 (employee number 1) it is accepted.
1. How to populate Employer Number?

2. The Organization name not visible again after setup, why? But it is visible in the ASM Operating Unit setup.

3. Operating Unit: while define Accounting Option, need to update Operating unit. This is not accepting the Business Group which I defined in HR, gets Error
?Java.sql.SQLException: ORA-2000 : Organization Unit type is invalid. ORA-06512: at ?APPS.HR_ORGANIZATION_API?, time 5857 ORA-06512: at line 1?

Could be the problem in employer number ?

Thanks,

Jo.
abhyankarnarayan

Post by abhyankarnarayan »

Hi Jo,

Can you tell me what exact steps you are following?

In R12, as you know, LE has to be defined in the Accounting setup manager. I am not sure if you mean territorry when you said location?
Territorry needs to be defined in the responsibility Legal Entity Administrator. Then you can get it. Then you can create legal entity. Continue your setups till OU. In Operating Unit, you have to define the basic setup in accounting setup manager. But the accounting information etc needs to be associated to the OU on the organization form. There is a tab 'open organization form'. CLick that and associate the BG information there.

BG should be setup in HRMS. There you have to setup how you want to keep the numbering. If its automatic it will create employee number for you. If you are not getting BG here, there is some issue with the BG setup.

Let me know if this helps?

Narayan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

This is not a setup issue.

It is a known issue documented by oracle in metalink note 428828.1
Suggested solution is application of patch

Regards
Karthikeyan