Accouts Payable support (11.5.10.2)- reg

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
balbanu@yahoo.com

Accouts Payable support (11.5.10.2)- reg

Post by balbanu@yahoo.com »

Hi,

what are the relationship between AP Trail Balance and Aging report? is there any important to have a look these report before closing month end in AP. could you give me a solution?

Thanks,
Balaji J
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hi.

These reports serve for different purposes, although both of them list invoices which you own to your suppliers.
The Accounts Payable Trial Balance is important. Whenever you close a period you should check if the total balance in your GL matches with the total of this report (for Liability the Accounts, of course.)
If it does not match, then something is wrong and should be investigated immediately.

Octavio
balbanu@yahoo.com

Post by balbanu@yahoo.com »

Hi Octavio,

Thanks for your reply. But i got a ticket that "Ap Trial balance report and Aging period report not matching". Could you explain me the different serve purpose of these two reports?

Thanks,
Balaji J
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
When you record an invoice, you can immediately see it listed in the Invoice Aging report but not on the AP Trial Balance. For the invoice to be listed on both reports it is necessary that the invoice is unpaid, approved, accounted and posted to the GL.
These two report normally never match. There is only one way they can match, which is when all AP periods are closed and you have no unposted journals in GL.

Octavio