Debit memo not creating for RTS Transaction

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
syedtaju_21

Debit memo not creating for RTS Transaction

Post by syedtaju_21 »

while we are going to return to the supplier debit memo is not generatiing.
Steps.
1)Enable Automatic debit memo at site level.
2)Create po and receive the goods and delivery it.
3) Create a receipt match invoice
4)return to supplier.

Debit memo was generating with Receipt number followed by the Document sequence.

Invoice details empty.onlu type as Debit memo no line and distribution detalis.

Plz do the need full
my mail id syedtaju_21[@]yahoo.co.in

Thanks
mpotdar

Post by mpotdar »

Did you check Metalink for this issue. There are plenty of issues and resolutions documented on Metalink for this.

Following setup is required (most likely miss is Profile Option and Open AP Period)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q4. How does Create Debit Memo from RTS Functionality Work?

A: Steps to Create a Debit Memo via RTS:
1. Create a PO with supplier and supplier site.
2. Receive the goods using Enter Receipts Form.
3. Create an Invoice. If Pay on Receipt is used to create then Invoice then set ?Pay on? as Receipt and ?Invoice Summary Level? as Receipt in Supplier sites window under purchasing tab.
4. Do a Return To Supplier (RTS) transaction for some of the goods using Returns form.
5. Make sure the check Box 'Create Debit Memo' is checked in the Return line while doing the RTS transaction.
6. This will automatically create a Debit Memo invoice in AP.

Depending on how the RCV: Processing Mode Profile option, Receiving Transaction Processor will be kicked off as soon as Receipt/Return transaction is saved.
If profile option RCV: Processing Mode = Batch, then user has to go and manually launch Receiving Transaction Processor concurrent request.
If profile option RCV: Processing Mode = Immediate, then Receiving Transaction Processor concurrent request will be launched and runs in the background. In this case control comes back to user and he can do his operations.
If profile option RCV: Processing Mode = Online, then Receiving Transaction Processor concurrent request will be launched. In this case control will not come back to user until processor completes processing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also check Metalink Note 472471.1

Regards
Mrunal
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi syedtaju_21

Like mpotdar explain. Before create debit memo, the invoice must be found for the PO (which will used to make return for it).

In case of creation of debit memo doesn't created, you will find a notification for this return transaction.

Thanks
Hisham
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Thanks Mrunal for your reply..

is it RCV profile is applied while genrating the orginal invoice.. or is it only for debit memo creation?
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Hi,
i found few docs in metalink but i did't get the solution.RCV process mode is "Immidiate" .

supplier site set ?Pay on? as Receipt and ?Invoice Summary Level? as Receipt
i did the Return To Supplier (RTS) transaction for some of the goods
Invoice batch is created with Receipt number followed by hypen and seq. number.

when iam trying to hit the invoice button getting note "check the Payment term for Debit/credit memo".

if i click on ok button there is only type as debit memo,and no data found in the invoice.
icould u send me the solution to mail syedtaju_21[@]yahoo.co.in

Thanks