Need assistance in SLA(R12)

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anjan.614

Need assistance in SLA(R12)

Post by anjan.614 »

Hi All,

I am new to R12 can you please help me in understanding of SLA concept. Any documents for reference as welll as practice. any reply will be appreciatable.......

Regards,
Anjan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Anjan,
Every concept in Oracle Applications extends like an ocean, and ever since R12 introduced, the knowledge on newer concepts are not documented clearly in various resources.
It is tuff to explain if you ask a generic question, like explaining me the concepts or provide documents for learning....
What in SLA you wanted to know, let us know that, we can help you in that regard....

You can refer to my material in documents section on SLA which is purely on basics, it does not have any exercises for practice.
malick

Post by malick »

You are right Anjan but i guess sometimes as a layman you need anything to clear the haze.
As I understand it, SLA is when you are creating a transaction in AP,AR or other subleger, all the accounting entries and attributes you need for that very transaction (amount,currency, date etc) before it is transfered to GL is done with SLA. It's like the accounting engine in the subledger.
Please somebody correct me if I am wrong because I am trying to grasp R12 myself too.
admin

Post by admin »

anjan.614

Post by anjan.614 »

Hi,

Thank you for giving reply to my query. I am unable to down load the material which refferred in the erlier update. Any material can u please send on .............

Regards,
Anjan

*Dont provide your email id in topics..... Thanks,
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Please try to find a document by name 'Impact of SLA on GL' which will give you a very good idiea on SLA.

Regards,
Shashi
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Shashi,

Attach document here so it will be helpful for all members.

thanks,