Ap- invoice amt does not equal to payment amt.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
deepu.oracle

Ap- invoice amt does not equal to payment amt.

Post by deepu.oracle »

Dear All,

Could you pl give me your valuable suggest ,

Can i give payment amount more than the invoice amt (Yes, i know INV AMT = TO PAYMENT AMT when ever we give pay in full). here the ques will expalin below example.

Eg: i got particulate bill invoice amt worth USD 2347.00, now i want to pay 2350 USD (For better calculation make it as round off).

Shall i give more than amt of the invoice work bench amt.?

Is there any work around.

Pl, Guide me , your support is highly appreciate in this regard
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

You need to Pay 3 USD additional to what is committed to Pay.
As the validations built in the module will not allow excess payment against that invoice.
So you can make a workaround of making payment to the supplier instead against the invoice.
Debit memo and credit memo type invoices can be made use of.
admin

Post by admin »

or ask your suppliers to send you invoices in rounded amounts just an idea. thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi deepu

You can also make a standard invoice with 3 USD for rounding account then pay to the supplier the 2 invoices (original invoice & rounding invoice).

Thanks
Hisham
roopeshpdit

Post by roopeshpdit »

You can Create a Mixed Invoice for the difference amount and make a payment OR Create a Credit Memo for the difference amount OR Reverse the error invoice and create a new one.

Thanks
anjan.614

Post by anjan.614 »

Hi Pradeep,

This is simple logic that the company always pay an amount to the goods which it was recieved. If it is rounding problem then it will consider like 98.90 then as 99 or 98.40 then it will consider as 98 but not 100. Ideally we should not pay any amount with out having benifit(Freely), that is the reason module was designed in such a passion...

Regards,
Anjan
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Such rounding is not to lose any money but it is a general policy of the company. Say if an organization implement policy that all transaction will be rounding of 5 or 10... For example there are 5000 cash employees then with rounding when you will calculate difference then that would me minor than the problem your cashier will face to arrange rupees for payments. Like

Emp1 4052 will be rounded to 4050 less paid 2 rupees
Emp2 4053 will be rounded to 4055 extra paid 2 rupees

my point is if we can handle any such issue out side the application then that should be preferred than changing the application and creating a permanent problem. Rest it is up to the company management...Thanks
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi Deepu

Yes, for your specified functionality can be done by work around. Create a Prepayment and Apply to the standard invoices when you want. But your supplier will be liable for u for that 3 dollars. The above functionality is for future applying 3$ to another standard invoice.

If you are not will not apply that 3$ you can go with conclusion replied by karthikeyanp1981.

Hi karthikeyanp1981

Can you correct me what i specified is correct or Worng.

Regards
Oracleapps1983